AhoyConnect · Backend Engineer
We believe community-led is the ‘next big thing’ for how creators, startups, and enterprises grow, but... today, community managers lack the understanding of what really happens inside their audience and what value it brings. That is why we’re building AhoyConnect - a community data intelligence platform, that enables organizations to understand, grow, engage, automate, and derive value from their audiences.
We are a fully remote team that values transparency, clear communication, and the discussion of facts and opinions. Also, we’ve just closed our Seed round and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey to becoming the global tool of choice for community-led companies.
We're looking for an exceptional Backend Engineer who will keep making sure our software is on the way to become impeccable! Does that sound like you? Read along! 🚀
We would love you to:
- Take care of Ruby development of new features and integrations
- Configure usability of all front side applications
- Advocate best practices and well tested, reliable software
- Review code of our other developers commits, feedback, discussing ideas, take the time to learn yourself and teach others
- Assess the efficiency and speed of current applications
- Microservices architecture
- Sinatra framework
- Sidekiq for background processing
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
You’re a perfect candidate if you have:
- 3+ years experience in Ruby development 3️⃣➕
- Be able to solve problems without us holding your hands and turn ideas into elegant solutions 👩💻🧑💻
- Be able to consider things from a customer perspective and translate that into ideas and requirements that can continually improve our app experience 😍
- Experience using Git version control 🕹
- Great communication (we use Github, Slack) 🗣
- Friendly, with an interest in the latest tech, and a passion for learning 📚
Nice but not essential:
- Experience with ReactJS, so small changes could be done without pinging the Frontend team
- Experience with GraphQL API
- Experience with a remote full-time role
- Watched the TV show 'Silicon Valley' at least twice 😎
Why choose Ahoy?
- We believe in people over processes, results over tasks
- We just closed our Seed round with the leading VCs from the region, launched the product, and onboarded first clients. This is just the first, tiny step - we aim to build a successful global business that will shape the future of community-led growth. We want you to have an impact and be a part of this journey!
- You will have a lot of flexibility and autonomy - we trust you to tell us how things should be done, not the other way round.
- We've been remote before it was cool and will stay remote-first forever
- We run retreats (both before and after covid) – e.g., we've spent more than a month in Southeast Asia with the whole team. Next stop? Mallorca! ☀️
- You will work with extremely driven and collaborative teammates coming out of various places and backgrounds.
- Flexible working hours and environment, believing in asynchronous yet collaborative work, having as few internal meetings and procedures as possible 🙂
- 💰 Attractive salary with ESOP (stock options)
- 🤝 Possibility to work with highly ambitious, energetic, diverse group of people
- 💻 MacBook Pro (or your preferred laptop) + accessories
- 🎀 Regular recognition, gifts, and awards
- 🏡 Home-office stipends for remote work equipment
- 📚 Budget for online courses, books, conferences, language lessons
- 🌅 Unlimited vacation and sick days
- 🏄🏼 Team retreats with Surf Office
- ... and many more to come as we listen to your needs!
Type of employment: Full-time independent contractor for an indefinite period (B2B invoice)
Ahoy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Please do not hesitate to apply using the button below!