Mailup + Contactlab · Backend Engineer
Milan, Cremona or remote
We're looking for a motivated Backend Engineer, really passionate about Cloud Native technologies, and with sharp attention to detail who will be included in our Technology Department.
Contactlab offers an integrated purpose of engagement marketing product and strategic services to maximize business returns and reinforce client-brand relationships. The Contactlab Marketing Cloud platform enables brands to grow the value of their contacts, enhance conversions, boost sales, and retain customers with personalized messages and real-time conversations. Contactlab also offers multi-technology campaign management services.
Currently being one of the top players in the field of cloud marketing technologies, in Contactlab as part of Growens's Group we're working to be an internationally recognized innovator. Our Group is growing at an impressive rate in pursuing this vision, and our continued success will largely depend on the IT solution we implement.
As a Backend Engineer, you will join one of our Teams of software developers, in charge of the development of components of Contactlab's core application platform (a Platform as a Service offering). Teams are autonomous and independent. They apply a development approach favouring continuous integration. Applications and services, developed by these Teams, are seamlessly integrated into a micro-service-oriented architecture with significant demands in terms of scope, performance, security, and availability.
Here's what you will do:
- Follow up on corrections, adaptations, and improvement of existing services
- Design and implement integrated solutions for new services
- Design, implement and manage functional and performance tests
- Manage internal tools for development and Continuous Integration
- Design, implement and manage backend tools for services provisioning and operations
What we Offer:
- Make a difference: you'll give a huge contribution to the growth of our reality
- Learn and grow: you'll be supported and coached regularly along your experience
- Flexibility: trust is one of our values and we strongly believe in results, no matter how many hours you spend in the office. It's fine if you prefer to work remotely sometimes
- International environment: we are a global reality with 6 Business Units in different countries and different cultures
What we are looking for:
- Passion: You are fascinated by computer science and how this can support a company
- Open-Mindedness: You have a profound knowledge of a wide scope of IT technology systems and concepts and you are aware of the implementation and look forward to using your knowledge to design and safeguard the total enterprise architecture
- Problem-solving: you have fantastic troubleshooting skills and truly enjoy finding the cause behind a specific problem, explaining it to others, and working with others to find a solution
- Reliability and organization: you enjoy getting things done, and people always look at you as a dependable team member when tasks are assigned
- Proficiency in English: you read, write, and speak proficiently in English
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a similar position
- Very good experience with Java language
- Good experience with OOP and Design Patterns
- Good experience with DBMS
- Familiar with Linux systems
- Completely autonomous when reading and writing in English
- Willingness to adopt new programming languages and technologies beyond your current experience
Nice to have:
- Experience in the development of RESTful API services
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of the Spring ecosystem, specifically Spring Boot
- Knowledge of cloud platform based (Azure could be a plus)
- Hands-on experience with NoSql technologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration tooling (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience in using Docker containers and orchestrators such as Kubernetes;
- Knowledge of code systems, in particular, Kafka and ActiveMQ
Milan, Cremona or remote (from Italy)
Growens is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, gender, ancestry, colour, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, or any other basis protected by law.