Anderson Optimization · Backend Software Engineer
Anderson Optimization (AO) creates software for the renewable energy industry. AO works with top solar, wind, and battery developers across the US and abroad to efficiently bring more renewable energy onto the power grid.
What you'll do...
This role will primarily be focused on managing and improving a distributed system to detect and classify objects from satellite imagery. The current system uses Node.js for most transactional work with databases and apis and python based services for machine learning and GIS work. The system is built on an event based architecture, utilizing messages and queues for various parts of the system. Your duties will include developing, maintaining, and performing an active contributor role over our software. You will be expected to take requirements and deliver production level code effectively and in a timely manner. In addition, you will voice your opinions on software architecture, perform code reviews, and start to take ownership over the future direction of the architecture of this system. Our team uses an agile kanban development approach and is a fully remote team.
Software Developer Responsibilities:
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Taking ownership of new feature development and bug fixes
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
Software Engineer Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a Backend Software Developer
- Minimum 1-3 years experience working on a distributed system (Nats.io/RabbitMQ)
- Familiarity with agile kanban development process
- Experience with common frameworks (express/fastify)
- Experience with GIS frameworks a plus (GDAL/OGR, PostGIS, Geoserver)
- Experience with Machine learning (object detection/classification) frameworks a plus (tensorflow/pytorch)
- Experience with a remote development team
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- $115K - $145K
- Salary range is based on years of experience, experience in industry, and relevant skill set.
- 401(K) + 4% Match
- Health insurance reimbursement
- No vacation limit, minimum 3 weeks
- Half day summer Fridays
- Work from anywhere / 100% remote (office available in Boulder, CO if you prefer working onsite).