Finexio · CTO (Chief Technology Officer)
Finexio is the leader in AP Payments as a Service, the leading embedded payments approach for business the business payments. Finexio simplifies the way businesses process and receive B2B payments by integrating electronic payments and cash flow improvement solutions directly into customers’ accounts payable and procurement software.
Our vision is a world in which finance leaders only have to decide “what” to pay- Finexio’s software seamlessly handles the “how” and the “when”.
We are growing 250+% per year and are a leading disruptor in the B2B Payments and Fintech industry. The company has raised over $65m in investment and is backed by investors JP Morgan, Discover, NBH Bank, Mendon Venture Partners, and Valley Bank. These investors believe in the mission and technology so much so they are also customers and partners.
Finexio is seeking a hands-on, driven and innovative product oriented Chief Technology Officer to guide and implement the company’s Engineering, Technology, and Product execution. This person will be an experienced product management leader with a strong engineering and development background. The goal of this role is to create and run products that customers love and succeed with in the market. Ideal candidates will provide sound technical and product leadership towards all aspects of our business. You will communicate with employees, stakeholders and customers to ensure our company’s technologies are used appropriately.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and have recent experience running a modern institutional investment backed technology and product development organization built for scale.
The CTO is part of the Senior leadership team working side by side with the CEO. The CTO is a dynamic role which is not only hands on in developing and managing the product and software development lifecycle, but also engages customers, partners, and investors. It is expected that the CTO will bring a breadth of experience required to evaluate the current structure of the Engineering and Product organizations against our objectives and recommend and implement any changes that will result in optimal performance.
- Have successfully lead enterprise technology organization that included product development/management team
- 10+ years’ experience in Information Technology leadership, preferably including experience in payments/transaction processing within a B2B enterprise software, an ERP or AP2P company, or a bank/credit card processing environment
- Experience building and delivering B2B enterprise grade software applications
- Experience with C#, Python, Node JS, Angular JS, MySQL
- Strong understanding of high-performance cloud systems (AWS), big data and machine learning
- Demonstrated leadership and success in complex, secure, high-volume, and highly available processing environments
- Core knowledge of information system vulnerabilities and risk management is essential
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to interact with senior management and clients
- Experience in strategic planning with a proven ability to develop and execute a vision for the company’s technical direction
- Startup experience required
- Work directly with the executive leadership team to define linkages between strategic objectives, process improvements, and project execution out of the engineering and product organizations.
- Lead the development of the engineering and product teams and take responsibility for their growth and execution of Company objectives
- Partner with the Chief Strategy Officer to align product vision and roadmap to overall company strategy and objectives.
- Identify and define the appropriate discipline management for the engineering and product teams
- Manage all technology functions of Finexio- hardware, software, and related resources
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-based services
- Supervise web application and software development quality assurance
- Create and expose a beautiful RESTful API framework for customer and partner interaction
- Design and develop software that delivers on the Finexio vision of delivering simple, and effective b2b payments processing
- Identify the 20% of features that deliver 80% of the big picture results
- Build/recruit, manage and grow the engineering team to align with the overall corporate culture and strategy
- Work closely with the product team to ensure technology roadmap is closely aligned to and supports customer needs and long-term product roadmap
- Set definitions of standards, policies, procedures, and metrics
- Create and manage documentation of system’s design, features, and functions
- Communicate technology strategy and functionality to investors, clients, partners, and prospective clients
- Leverage data analytics to measure engineering and product team progress against goals
- Develop and facilitate workshop and conference presentations showcasing Finexio technology
- Own the development of the technology budget and ensure that projects are on time and within scope
- Other duties as assigned
Why You’ll Love Working at Finexio:
- Culture: We are a humble, client-first team that is focused on collaborative data-driven success.
- Speed: We move fast, love new ideas and give you the opportunity to push your limits.
- Growth: We are expanding rapidly into new markets, launching new services and creating a world-class company
What We Offer:
The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders.
An environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make a real, measurable impact
Competitive salary and stock options
Medical, dental, and vision
Compensation: $180,000 - $225,000 base + equity.