madewithlove · Experienced front-end software engineer
Madewithlove is currently looking for a full-time front-end engineer (f/m/x) who can make complex systems understandable, who loves working according to the latest standards and takes pride in delivering nothing but high-quality code.
We are a 100% remote company from Belgium that helps start- and scale-ups in the tech ecosystem grow. Next to developing high-quality applications, we also shape our clients' teams and the way they work to make them thrive. At madewithlove, you will work on projects for Belgian and international clients, in and with hybrid teams.
Go and explore our website to have a look at who we already worked for and with what kind of beautiful and talented people you will be working alongside. Read all about our company culture and what you get in return for all your hard work.
At madewithlove, we celebrate diversity and are promoting an inclusive environment in which our team members from all different backgrounds, ages, genders or sexual orientations feel equally appreciated. In order to achieve this, we are committed to shaping a hiring process that provides everyone with an equal opportunity to get hired. Read more about our efforts towards a more inclusive and diverse environment.
Nothing personal, but...
This is important! You have to live and work in the range of time zone UTC-05:00 and UTC+03:00. Since we have already people working in these time zones, stretching it further would make working together no longer efficient in our opinion.
What will you be doing?
- You will be writing modern React code while understanding that continuous refactoring is part of the job. You have a critical and pragmatic approach to guard over the quality of the code.
- You will conceive (technical) solutions for the problems our clients are facing by writing clean and readable code
- You review the technical architecture of the platform and make the right choices on technologies we should (not) use.
- You'll be responsible for implementing manual and automatic testing because you understand it’s an integral part of delivering high-quality features.
- You collaborate with a small team of top-notch engineers and aim to improve others as much as yourself.
- You will break down complex interactions into well-crafted components and lead the development of complex features.
Don't hesitate to apply if you don't fulfil 100% of the requirements. Superheroes don't exist, people with passion and talent do!
- You protect our company values in and outside the company walls and you politely speak out when they are not followed. You embrace diversity, inclusivity and (e)quality.
- You like working in the startup scene and have a passion for SaaS. You don't mind going the extra mile if needed and managing your own time in a flexible environment.
- You know where information can be found and actively search for it. You can think for yourself and challenge the information you find. You don't hesitate to ask questions because others know things you don't. You document everything in such a way that everybody can understand what is happening and why.
- Although you can work independently and efficiently, you like to work in a team environment. You make sure that everybody in your team feels safe to give their opinion and you value every team member's input. Once a group decision is made, you act as a team member by following the architecture, processes and coding standards as agreed upon.
- You do what you promise and you take ownership of tasks. You always try to go for the best quality possible with respect to timing and budget. You understand the why of decisions and you suggest improvements when you see an opportunity.
- You always aim for quality so you actively and consistently strive to expand your knowledge, both technical and non-technical. You like sharing your knowledge with colleagues and the world through different channels (blogging, presentations, group discussions, ...). You are able to give others honest, constructive and actionable feedback. Credit is assigned accurately and generously.
- You can communicate clearly, taking into account who your audience is. You are always honest, sometimes brutally so, but you are aware of the situation and always stay polite. You know which is the right channel for each message or question.
- You are famous for your React and/or Vue.js knowledge, too.
- You have experience with Typescript.
- You are not afraid of any back-end development work (PHP and/or Node.js) either.
- You know how to handle state, routing & side effects.
- You are keen on quality assurance and automatic testing.
- Version control (e.g. Git) is something you couldn't miss anymore.
- Your English must be very good, both oral and written. We don’t mind accents though.
- You have experience with other front-end frameworks (e.g. Angular, Svelte, Ember).
- You know how to deploy your application to a modern platform.
- You know how to set up and manage a component library.
- You have experience with React Native.
- You have a weak spot for performance & accessibility.
- You have something valuable to add when discussing UI and/or UX matters.
- Conference stages feel like home to you.
- You’re contributing or have contributed to open-source software.
What will you be offered?
(People from outside of Belgium will work as subcontractors. People from Belgium will be put on our payroll).
- Remuneration in accordance with the rest of the team and your experience
- The hardware you need to do your job in a more than decent manner.
- (Real) flexible working conditions tailored to your personal life.
- 25 paid holidays (20 free of choice and the week between Christmas and New Year) + 10 National holidays.
- A yearly company retreat (if Covid-19 leaves us alone).
- A group of enthusiastic colleagues spread all over the world!
- Ten per cent of your time goes to expanding the company knowledge, experimenting or (co-)creating things!
If this sounds like we are talking about you, please don't hesitate to hit the 'Apply' button.
If you pass the cv screening, you will have a first video interview with a non-technical recruiter from madewithlove. The candidates who are selected will receive a technical challenge. The final round is the interview with the management team of madewithlove.