Lucky VR · Full Stack Developer
Lucky VR is a virtual reality (VR) game development studio that's creating the next generation of online social gaming. Our exclusive partnership with PokerStars (the world's largest poker site) has propelled our debut game (PokerStars VR) to becoming one of the most popular multiplayer games in VR.
Originally based in Toronto, our team has adopted remote working for the future. As we continue to grow rapidly, we're looking for talented people to help make our ambitions a reality. If you're passionate about gaming and VR, we'd be delighted to hear from you!
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our team to deliver significant value in providing tools to improve the live operations of our game.
We developed our own game backend solution using infrastructure provided by AWS and while it brings significant operational advantages, we do have to create tools to allow efficient operations by a less technical team.
- Design, build, implement, and maintain significant portions of our core game systems and tools across multiple platforms (Desktop VR, Mobile VR, Console VR)
- Contribute creatively by being involved in the design process and proactively prototyping new ideas and solutions
- Assist with build debugging and deployment across all platforms
- Writing clean, functional code on the front and back end.
- Work on a wide variety of features and systems
- Proven software development experience in JDK 8+, Spring framework or SpringBoot
- In-depth understanding of REST APIs, OOP, MVC, microservices architecture and related best practices.
- AngularJS and understanding of front end libraries.
- Familiarity with databases (Mongo).
- A good understanding of data structures.
Nice to have
- Understanding of event driven architecture.
- Understanding of container orchestration.
Lucky VR is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please note, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply. We value passion and work ethic, if you are a talented developer who wants to work on the cutting edge of technology, we want to work with you.