Rubyx · Full Stack Developer
Hello, we're an international team with expertise in microfinance, data science, behavioural economics and human-centred design. We started Rubyx in 2019 to revolutionise the way informal entrepreneurs and small businesses fund their activities.
We've built a cloud-native, API-driven digital lending platform that enables service providers to rapidly launch innovative loan products that meet the needs and expectations of borrowers. Rubyx lowers the cost of entry to AI capabilities and makes credit scoring algorithms easy to understand so that the power of data benefits all.
Pioneering new lending ecosystem models, we support different types of partnerships:
- We enable non-lenders such as digital platforms to easily embed lending features into their services to deliver more value to their customers.
- We work with banks and microfinance institutions to help them accelerate their digital transformation and reach new markets.
Currently, we operate in the following countries: Cambodia, Cameroon, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Tunisia, Jordan, Georgia, India and Madagascar.
We're passionate about the many opportunities to rethink microfinance together, but we're not just painting pretty pictures; we draw our inspiration from many years of experience in microfinance and spending days and days in the field to observe the ways informal entrepreneurs and small businesses work.
Working with us
We each work with a high degree of autonomy and take responsibility for our tasks. Using tools like Slack and Trello, we stay focused on the most important activities. Joining us brings the benefit of being able to shape and build your own practice in a start-up environment.
We work remotely and get things done. Our team is spread out from Canada to China, sometimes you'll have to put an effort to schedule meetings that work for everyone. Mostly, for you, this means flexible working hours.
We believe work should be fairly rewarded. We offer competitive compensation based on your experience and expertise, including stock options.
We are looking for an Application Developer who will design and code functional programs and applications, producing fully functional software applications according to requirements. You will work as part of a team and individually with little supervision.
You should possess excellent knowledge of at least one programming language and be familiar with a variety of operating systems and platforms. We also expect you to have an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail.
- Efficiently translate client requirements into application features
- Work together with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Create high-quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Organize unit and integration testing before the launch
- Organize functional and nonfunctional testing and perform troubleshooting and debugging
- Review existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Prepare technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (preferred) or Amazon Web Services
- Technical knowledge of systems in a multi-tenant, cloud-native environment
- Experience with frontend one or more frontend technologies such as Nodejs, Reactjs and Flutter
- Experience with one or more backend programming languages such as Nodejs, Python or Java.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Github Actions
- Ability to quickly develop MVP from ideas
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with close attention to detail
- Fluent in English, a multilingual speaker is a plus.
- Open-minded and able to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Cultivate the start-up spirit and look for innovation and excellence
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team in a distributed working environment
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in fast-changing environments
- Strong communication, teamwork and time-management skills
- Build your practice in a start-up environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive compensation, based on your experience and expertise.
- Work in an international environment in an impact-driven industry