Pixelmatters · Full-Stack Engineer
Pixelmatters is a digital product studio. We’re a team of strategists, designers and engineers creating top-quality digital products.
Our mission is to empower businesses to achieve their full potential by creating top-quality digital products, while fostering great relationships along the way. We envision a world where great user experience is the norm, not the exception, inspiring businesses and people to be at their best.
We're looking for you - a meticulous, curious and adaptable mid to senior Full-stack Engineer - with a back-end focus, that has the ability to develop scalable software solutions that cater to both user experience and functionality. On top of this, you are a cooperative person,supporting and promoting knowledge sharing is part of your way of doing things.
Your role will focus on designing, testing, and implementing software applications, and you will be involved in all stages and all areas of software development, from front-end to back-end, with a higher focus on the latter. For this reason, it’s expected that you’re comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks, and third-party libraries.
Some of your day-to-day tasks will include building user-facing products, designing and implementing low-mid complexity databases and APIs, pipelines, and infrastructure.
- At least 4 years of experience as a Full-Stack Engineer or relevant experience as a Front-end and a Back-end Engineer
- Experience with back-end languages and frameworks such as NestJS, Django, or Ruby on Rails
- Proficiency with relational databases, preferably with PostgreSQL
- Experience designing and implementing databases and APIs
- Experience implementing medium-complexity user interfaces and integrating them with different APIs and web services
- Solid knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with hosting solutions such as Heroku or AWS
- Familiarity with containerization platforms, preferably Docker
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git
- Good understanding of English and Portuguese (written and spoken)
It would be awesome if you also have...
- Experience planning and projecting software architecture and infrastructure
- Experience with CDNs
- Experience with web security (HTTPS, CORS, OWASP)
- Familiarity with WebSockets and Message Brokers
- Quality-driven, inspiring and collaborative work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance
- For now, you’ll be working fully remote. Over 2022, we’ve planned opening a new office located at Porto’s downtown. You’ll then be able to decide where to work from.