Stitch · Full-Stack Engineer
Stitch is a developer-first API startup with a mission to deeply connect financial systems with the wider world. We provide an API which allows third-party apps and websites to interact with their user's bank accounts in ways that unlocks the ability for companies across Africa to build innovative technology products quickly.
Creating innovative financial products is incredibly difficult today, and we believe that unlocking the way people interact with their finances starts with enabling developers with the tools and infrastructure needed to execute on their vision.
We are looking for an experienced engineering generalist who is looking to grow with the company. The ideal candidate will be be comfortable across the stack, and care about delivering a high quality end user and developer experience.
In addition to helping define the company's foundational architecture and products, an early Stitch Full-stack Engineer will have the opportunity to stretch their leadership legs.
Our engineering process aims to facilitate close collaboration and sustainable product development.
Software Engineering Principles
We firmly believe that any technical choice should be mediated by an understanding of the costs and benefits, nevertheless here are some of the engineering principles that we espouse as a matter of course:
- User First - We are never satisfied with a technically convenient design if it leaves our end users worse off. We will always go the extra mile for our users.
- Type Driven Development - Type driven development is all about thinking deeply about your domain and modelling data types in such a way that it makes illegal state unrepresentable. We strongly believe that a type first approach leads to strong architecture and better results for the end user.
- Functional/Functional Reactive architecture - We believe that while pragmatism is important, software quality can be improved by constraining mutability, adopting message passing concurrency, separating side effects from business logic, and making use of declarative, functional APIs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience
- 3+ years in industry as a developer working with business critical systems
Nice to haves:
- Functional programming experience
- Web Application Experience (React)
- Application Security Experience
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Understanding of the actor programming model
A snapshot of our current stack
- Nact (actor model)
- IdentityServer4 (dotnet core)
- Github & Github Actions
🏖 HQ and Remote Work
Stitch HQ is in Cape Town, South Africa. Remote team members will have the opportunity to visit our beautiful city regularly. We work both in-person and remotely. and...team lunches every day! 🍜 With friends, family, pets - everyone's invited!
🔥 Culture & Values
Stitch has a culture that emphasizes sustainable processes, kindness, and work-life balance. We value diversity in all its forms and believe that a broad range of lived experiences makes our team and product stronger. This is especially important to us as our leadership team includes diverse racial backgrounds and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
⛽ Our Investors
Stitch is a well-funded venture-backed startup. Our network of global investors include the co-founders of Venmo, Klarna and Flutterwave, and founding team members from Plaid and Revolut. Our network of investor funds include firstminute capital, Raba Partnership, CRE and Village Global, bringing backing from LPs such as Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Eric Schmidt and Jeff Bezos.
This funding gives us the capital to make sure that all employees are empowered to do their jobs, and incorporates industry veterans who will help us grow and operate a multinational fintech startup.
We care deeply about developer experience and aim to provide tools and systems that software engineers will rave about. The team has collectively had a great deal of experience building fintech and developer-facing products in Africa and other emerging markets.