Mediavine · Full Stack (Rails & React)
Mediavine is seeking a Full Stack Architect to join our existing Publisher Applications team. This engineer will contribute to our Publisher Dashboard, the application at the center of Mediavine's various products which are used daily by nearly 10,000 users. Applicants must be based in the United States.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing nearly 10,000 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is to ensure your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren't platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
About Publisher Applications
Our PubApps team is responsible for the development and maintenance of our Publisher Dashboard as well as new products like our Publisher Onboarding System. The Publisher Dashboard enables users to view revenue reports, configure behaviors of Mediavine products, manage content like videos, playlists, and more. You will join an established team of three backend and three frontend engineers and will drive the technical direction of the products under this team’s purview.
You love to work with a close-knit team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. The person in this role should be able to manage their time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
As an experienced Architect, you will be expected to bring your knowledge to help us build and deliver highly visible products and help grow and mentor other team members. You should be comfortable making decisions and choosing the right tools and methods for the job.
You have senior-level experience building modern application backends in Rails and React and are highly proficient in API design, A/B testing systems, and using PostgreSQL. In this role, you will regularly write technical specifications, and should enjoy being a multiplier for other engineers on your team.
As a Full Stack Architect, you should have significant experience designing, debugging, and optimizing backend applications to make them fast and reliable. You have experience participating in code reviews and providing overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
- Making architectural decisions on the frontend and backend related to new and existing features
- Adding and modifying API endpoints within a Rails app, consumed by a React frontend
- Implementing new features and future integrations
- Making recommendations for architectural improvements
- Providing code reviews for teammates
- Promoting innovation and idea generation
- Collaborating with our SREs to prepare technical documentation of existing architecture
- Determining technical feasibility and documenting strategy in early-stage product discussions
- Applicants must be based in the United States
- 7+ years of professional development experience in a production environment
- 3+ years of experience with Postgres, MySQL, or similar relational databases
- Ability to develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Experience in architecture of complex systems and system design
- Experience with UML-style diagramming
- Experience designing data-intensive applications focusing on reliability, scalability and maintainability
- Strong understanding of frontend technologies
- Extensive experience making high-level design choices
- Expert-level knowledge of API design
- Experience incorporating automation and integration testing
- A passion working with product specialists and end-users to understand requirements
- A commitment to writing quality code
- Experience working on remote teams
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Node or PHP – we have a lot of other projects you might be able to contribute to
- Professional experience with AWS and Docker
- Professional experience in the ad tech industry
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities (remember those!?)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company match charitable donations
Mediavine is an Equal Opportunity Employer