Dune Analytics · Head of Engineering
About Dune Analytics
Dune Analytics is on a mission to make crypto data accessible. We started out in 2018 pioneering a new way to query Ethereum data, using generated tables and decoded data. Today we’re a collaborative multi chain analytics platform which is used by tens of thousands of developers, analysts, investors and community members to better understand how the crypto ecosystem works.
We’re a fast growing team (about 20) working remotely from all across Europe. We cherish working on a product that empowers our users to create and do their own research. We’re backed by some of the world's best investors, and we’re constantly looking for the best colleagues to join our outfit.
We’re now at a crucial stage in our journey, as the financial activity on blockchains is exploding. Dune needs to scale to ingest ever-increasing volumes of data from a rapidly increasing number of sources, and facilitate performant and user-friendly querying of this data via SQL and other APIs.
About the role
There are currently two engineering teams in Dune:
- The Platform team is building a data platform that will serve as the home for all crypto data. We need to scale ingestion, storage and query capabilities to meet demand for the Dune Platform.
- The Application team is building a world class data analysis application that gives our users unparalleled experience in querying, consumption and distribution of data. We first and foremost build for our querying users, the Dune Wizards.
As Head of Engineering in Dune, you will be reporting to the CTO, and are responsible for the engineering organizations health, growth and delivery. You’ll work closely with the executive team to agree on goals and priorities, and then work even closer with the engineering org to deliver on those.
You will be responsible for building a highly efficient engineering organization, which among other things mean
- Growing the engineering organization by setting up the right recruitment processes and ultimately hiring the right people in the right roles.
- Ensuring that the key projects are structured well, and are delivered on time.
- Implementing and evolving engineering processes across Dune
- Work with people functions to define and work on career paths and compensation plans
- Managing engineers and engineering managers
You might be a great fit for this role if:
- You have worked as a senior engineering leader in the past, ideally in several high growth startups.
- Have experience in building engineering organizations in similar sized organizations.
- Have experimented with many different engineering processes.
- You are empathetic and care deeply about people and helping them achieve their goals.
- You are not afraid of wrapping up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty
- You thrive on ownership and responsibility
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Remote role with flexible working hours within a fully distributed team
- Regular offsites with the team (when covid allows)
- 5 weeks paid vacation + local public holidays
- Stipend for setting up your home office / co-working space