Airbyte · Head of User Support Engineering
Airbyte is the open-source standard for EL(T). We enable data teams to replicate data from applications, APIs, and databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations. We believe only an open-source approach can solve the problem of data integration, as it enables us to cover the long tail of integrations while enabling teams to adapt pre-built connectors to their needs. Within just 14 months, we've built 130+ connectors and we've had 6,000+ companies syncing data with us.
We're backed by some of the world's top investors (Benchmark, Accel, Y Combinator, etc.) and believe in product-led growth, where we build something awesome and let our product bring the users, rather than an outbound sales engine with cold calls.
The goal of the User Support Engineering (USE) Team is to set a new standard for support in open source software (OSS). This includes having the best response time of any OSS project and working closely with developers to debug issues. User support helps us build a strong community, improve OSS user experience, and build emotional loyalty with our users. We take our community very seriously; they have been instrumental in propelling Airbyte to where it is today and will help make us the OSS standard for ETL.
A successful Head of USE will work closely with product, engineering leaders, and co-founders and will be responsible for managing the engineers on the USE team, defining the KPIs for USE support and making sure the team hits them, growing members of the USE team as engineers to help them move into the engineering team, and creating a fun and motivational environment that attracts the best talent.
The USE Team is highly technical and is a feeder into our engineering team. The KPIs for the team will be focused on two goals: making sure we are providing amazing service to our users (reactive metrics e.g. time to first response) and making the support process more efficient (proactive metrics e.g. reducing the number of users that need support at all).
The USE team is currently made up of 3 engineers. Our goal is to grow it to 6-8 by Q2.
What You'll Do:
Define KPIs for the USE team
Track KPIs for the team and make sure the team hits them
Manage 3 engineers (growing up to 6 engineers)
Grow engineers on the team to help them get to the next level and join the engineering org
Manage hiring to hit USE team growth goals
Communicate feedback from users to the Product and Engineering orgs
What You'll Need:
2+ years of software or data engineering experience
1+ years of support experience
Proficiency writing scripts in Python (or similar scripting language)
Willing to work remote
Excellent communication skills
A passion for continuous learning and improvement (both at a personal and team level)
Belief in our values
- Fully remote flexible work environment - we don’t look at when you log in, log out or how much time you work. We look at your output and we trust you; it’s the only way remote can actually work.
- Unlimited vacation policy- we need you at your best at all times. Our expected minimum time off lets you schedule your work around your life.
- Co-working space - most of our team enjoyed the WFH life but if you prefer to work from a co-working space, we will cover the full monthly cost.
- Parental leave (for both parents) - so you have time to adjust to the new life (and work) schedule introduced by your new bundle of joy.
- Travel With Purpose - we are a fully distributed, 100% remote-friendly team, however, we recognize the value of in-person time. We will pay for round-trip flights, hotel, transportation, and food on weekdays for you to visit our headquarters in San Francisco, or other members of your team around the world.
- Open book policy - we will pay for books you purchase for your professional and career development.
- Continuous learning/training policy - we sponsor you for the conferences and training programs you feel would add to your development in the company.
- Competitive benefits package for US-based employees, including:
-Blue Shield or Kaiser Medical Insurance
-Dental & Vision Insurance
-Life and AD&D Insurance
-Long-term Disability Insurance to offer extra peace of mind, especially while we find ourselves in a global pandemic
-Healthcare insurance for those whose countries do not provide it for free.
-Mental Health Support for all team members provided via Spill.
-401k for US-based employees.
-Sponsored visas for employees in need of them.
Airbyte is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Airbyte is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.