Appetiser · iOS Developer
Do you want to work on apps that impact millions of people?
Do you want to work with a company that cares about you, your team, and your community?
At Appetiser Apps, we build and grow app ideas.
To achieve this, we need YOU.
We’re looking for highly motivated team members based in Colombo, Sri Lanka who are passionate about their work. If you’re dedicated to becoming the best you can be, please apply!
We will support you with remote work, recognition for your projects, world-class mentorships, mental health counseling, rapid career progression, creative opportunities, the ability to make decisions, optional offices, events, and a high-performance team around you.
Hear from one of these awesome developers:
“I love the flat organizational structure where they trust you to take ownership and responsibility for your craft and be more involved with the decision-making process of the company. Coupled with the flexibility to manage my own time and challenging projects that can further enhance my growth. They deliver quality service to clients but also to their employees." – Arth Limchiu / Developer
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and building applications for the iOS platform
- Ensuring the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborating with international team members to define, design, and ship new features
- Identifying and correcting bottlenecks and fixing bugs
- Helping to maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Working with partners in GMT+8 (Manila) and GMT+10 (Melbourne) time zones
The right person for this role has:
- Excellent skills in problem solving, critical thinking, and communicating in English
- Strong understanding of MVVM architecture and Functional Reactive Programming
- Experience building complex applications for the iPhone or iPad using Swift
- Proficiency in Swift 5 or higher and has utilized key features that make the language great
- Experience in Unit Testing either using XCode XCTests or other BDD tools like Quick and Nimble
- Experience in Networking with a RESTful API
- Experience in AutoLayout and LOVES Storyboards and Nibs / Xibs
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and proper state management
- Experience with Apple Approval & Distribution Process, Ad-Hoc & AppStore Distribution
- Published app/s on the AppStore
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Experience in Profiling Tools like Leaks, Time Profiler, Zombies, Allocations, etc.
- Strong understanding of GIT version control
- Appreciation to good coding style and standards
- Experience debugging Crashlytics Reports
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Experience in using the Firebase suite of tools (Crashlytics, FCM, FireStore, etc.)
- A reliable internet speed (At least 30 Mbps download speed and10 Mbps upload speed)
Enjoy these benefits and more:
- Remote work. Productive from the beach? No problem.
- Partner with a company that cares about you. Paid leaves, quarterly awards, free mental health counseling, charitable donations, and much more. More perks are coming every quarter (tech, gyms, books, courses, retirement plans).
- Get full recognition for the work with your own public portfolio. Here’s an example: iOS Developer’s portfolio
- Receive mentoring and training from world-class peers ranked 7th in the world for app development.
- Get reviews every 4 to 6 months with personal progression planning to accelerate your career and reach your goals faster than ever before.
- Have the opportunity to make an impact every day—even work on apps with millions of users.
- Optional offices in every Appetiser city and frequent in-person/virtual events.
- Have the freedom to think, make decisions, solve problems, be creative and laugh with over 150 like-minded high-performing people.
You can learn more about our culture here.
Find an outline of all of our job opportunities here.
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com.
PS. We’re hiring multiple individuals for this role. If you want to recommend someone, please email us!