BandLab Technologies · iOS Developer, Creation Team
Headquartered in Singapore, BandLab Technologies is a collective of global music brands with a vision to connect the world of music. We bring together remarkable brands and people that are passionate about music, and we seek to leverage the opportunities that allow us to achieve more together than we can individually.
We work towards a future where there are no boundaries to making and sharing music. We provide the tools to break down the technical, geographic, and creative barriers for musicians and fans. With something as simple as a mobile phone, people have gone from strumming guitars in their bedroom, spitting rhymes in the car, or singing in the shower — to creating amazing studio-quality tracks with people from all over the world.
About the role
The Audio Creation Tools team integrates a low-level API designed by a separate team (the Audio Core team) and solves complex UI/UX challenges to fit professional DAW tools into a small device screen.
We already have a solid set of audio creation tools used by millions of creators worldwide every day. The team is focusing on paying its technical dept and polishing existing tools now. At the same time, we want to develop new creation tools.
- Apply the latest team code style/architecture to the existing codebase.
- Polish existing features.
- Develop new features and tools (e.g., Metronome, Tuner, etc.).
Here at BandLab we work hard, and challenge ourselves to produce high-quality work. We openly share feedback and specialize in hitting deadlines, whilst never being afraid to ask questions.
• You have five or more years of native iOS development experience.
• You’ve built projects using Objective-C/Swift, UIKit, and the iOS SDK.
• You have a deep understanding of object-oriented design, memory management, and performance optimization.
• You’ve had to deal with debugging performance problems, and you’re comfortable rooting out performance bottle-necks.
• You’re comfortable writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code.
• You’re used to communicating with a diverse team, with both experts and novices, in technical and non-technical roles.
• Nice to have: You have familiarity with AVFoundation, CoreMidi, and AudioToolbox. You know music theory.
Ideal candidates are well-versed in development best practices, comfortable working in large code bases, can create tools and frameworks, and can balance multiple projects and deliverables.
- Relocation sponsorship to Singapore or remote work options
- Healthcare program
- Modern work environment
- Music studio with lots of instruments and music gear in the office
- Staff discounts at Swee Lee stores and Music Academy