Avantlabs · Jr/Med. Backend & Smart Contract Developer
Avant Labs is looking for a junior/medior level backend & smart contract developer. Someone who can manage complex projects and combine the art of programming with the art of design.
As Backend & Smart Contract developer you will be collaborating on the development of web services to support all of our products including our flagship game Elarium. You will be working with a number of different databases and cloud services.
You will be part of the Engineering Team that is composed of Frontend Developers, Designers, Game Developers, Devops Engineers, Smart Contract and backend developers. As a team we are responsible for making sure that all products are delivered with the highest quality from design to production.
Currently we have several projects being worked on: Discord Bot automation, Smart Contract development, Frontend and Web3 Development, Game Development with the latest Unreal Engine version, development of service in the backend to support the information flow, infrastructure management and more.
You will be tasked with not only designing, but also writing, deploying, testing and monitoring of smart contracts. You will also be directly involved in the design and implementation of anything that could improve the information flow of our products and of course maintaining our existing services as well as monitoring their health. You should have a good understanding of basic networking, containers and how services communicate. We expect you to be able to perform code reviews and make sure that we have good test coverage on our code and that we maintain a high code quality as a team.
Note: This is a fully remote position. In order to align with the rest of the team it is important that you operate no more than 3 hours from Central European Time (CET/CEST). We collaborate through modern tooling such as Slack, Google teams, Notion & Github in order to stay aligned during working days and towards our milestones.
Who you are
- You are a backend/blockchain developer with at least 3 years of professional experience in software development
- You strive for exemplary code and have understanding what that means and why it matters
- You are passionate about blockchain and technology in general
- You have experience working in a fully remote working environment
- You operate no more than 3 hours from Central European Time (CET/CEST)
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You have strong written and spoken English
Qualifications & must haves
- Experience with the Ethereum blockchain
- Practical experience with Solidity development (with testing deployment) As well as
- Professionally proficient in Go Programing Language or similar programming language
- Experience with databases (Relational and noSQL)
- Experience with micro services and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in building and evolving RESTful API
- Experience with using web sockets
- Experience with version control, preferable Git
Optional - nice to haves
- Experience creating non-fungible tokens (NFTs) is a plus
- Experience with Hardhat
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience with system architecture
- Experience with the AWS or GCP ecosystem in both architecture and development
You’ll want to work with us because
We are a fully remote European team consisting of 35 experienced professionals. We are self starters and problem solvers, builders and theorists, united by the hunger to make our mark in one of the most promising developments of our time. We aim to empower each team and every individual with transparency, clear objectives, autonomy, and ownership.
Ambitious and focused about inspiring our people to do more and go beyond the conventional, we lead with empathy and build with commitment. We are excited to build a working culture and employee experience in which everyone can come to work. A place where equity and inclusion provides everyone a safe and inspiring workspace to collaborate, belong and be themselves.
Benefits & Perks
- Work and connect professionally with the best people for the job throughout Europe - not just from your zip code.
- A yearly budget for work and leisure. Pimp your home-office or get a subscription for movie evenings & chill. It’s all possible.
- 36.000 - 60.000 EUR annually, depending on experience
We’ll want to work with you because
Let us know!
If you feel we should know who you are and what you can do, we are looking forward to receive from you:
- A personal cover letter introducing yourself to us
- Your detailed resume
- A link to your LinkedIn profile
- If you have, a link to Github and/or personal portfolio
- Anything else you’d like us to know