nDreams · Lead Engine Programmer - Studio Elevation
Elevation is re-establishing the boundaries of VR. We’re looking for a talented Lead Engine Programmer to help us explore, create, and deliver world leading innovation in VR game software. Become one of the founding members of Elevation, path-finding a remote first studio, crafting a new generation of VR development and bringing core VR games to fruition.
As Lead Engine Programmer, you will be responsible for guiding our technical team in developing and shipping various Unreal-based technologies to produce best-in-class VR games. You will be delivering high levels of innovation with both your team and your own work, collaborating with gameplay programming and other disciplines to ensure robust performance on-platform. You will be part of an exciting studio driving the discovery, implementation, and refinement of world class VR games.
- Architect, plan and steer the development of our game technologies, enhancing and complementing Unreal Engine’s out-of-the-box capabilities.
- As part of the project leadership team, collaboratively guide development of our games from inception to shipping.
- Working with your team, deliver tech, tools, pipelines, and efficient data, enabling the best VR audio/visuals, presence and interaction.
- Manage, develop and mentor the technical programming team.
- Support and empower other disciplines in independently creating robust, performant and aspirational game content at consistently high frame rates.
- Ensure our code is clean, maintainable, efficient and documented, setting an example with your own work.
- Build great relationships with Epic and third-party technology partners, evaluating the costs and capabilities of internal and external technologies.
- Follow industry technical developments, updating the team about relevant new capabilities, techniques and best practice.
- Be a positive behavioural and mental role model for the team and studio, fostering a culture of excellence, professionalism, collaboration and honesty within your team and Elevation.
- Eight years of professional game programming experience, with a minimum of three shipped titles on console, PC or VR headset.
- Expert knowledge of C++ including high-performance programming.
- Solid 3D maths and data structures knowledge, with performance-minded development and optimisation skills.
- Professional games industry experience developing technology for Unreal 4 or 5.
- A good working knowledge of all aspects of game technology.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment, with an ability to responsive positively to change as the project progresses.
- Strong English communication skills with an ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical staff.
- Skilled at providing technical feedback and critique, suggesting improvements diplomatically.
- A committed team player, happy developing team members through constructive feedback and mentoring.
- Previous Leadership experience.
- Professional experience of VR game development.
- Substantial experience shipping AAA console or PC games in Unreal 4.
- A good working knowledge of Python, C# and HLSL.
- A solid understanding of Unreal engine’s codebase, capabilities and limitations.
- Domain expert in at least one specialist area of game technology.
Who are we?
nDreams Studio Elevation is bringing the evolution of VR development to core gamers.
Who we are:
This is an all-new studio seeded by the creative talent that brought you the innovative, genre defining award-winning VR title Phantom: Covert Ops.
We are looking for exceptional talent to help pave the way forward with fresh innovation for the next generation of VR hardware and software.
Why nDreams Elevation:
This is the opportunity to build upon an already proven, world class foundation of VR expertise, to further shape and mould a new way of working, that continues to deliver and innovate for the next
generation of core VR games. We are a remote first studio, with all the perks that come with it. Work from anywhere to help us push the boundaries of VR, with cutting edge technology and the support of our established VR expertise from the wider nDreams group. Rapidly growing to support a variety of genres, nDreams is one of the world’s leading developers/publishers focused on VR games, creating multiple studios dedicated to making the best games out there.