Zenni Optical · Lead Front End Engineer
Zenni pioneered the online eyewear industry in 2003 with a mission to make prescription eyewear affordable and accessible to everyone. Based in Marin County, California, Zenni offers men, women, and children the freedom to express their personal style and individuality through high-quality prescription and protective eyewear curated with a sense for fashion and incredible selection. With over 50 million frames sold worldwide, a pair of Zenni’s is owned in every country across the globe. Zenni is proud to be the Official Eyewear Partner of the Boston Red Sox, Chicago Bulls and San Francisco 49ers. For more information, visit www.zenni.com or connect on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.
Zenni is looking for a Senior front-end engineer to join our B2B engineering team to support and scale the B2B e-commerce platform. This is a remote role to work on high-level, complex projects with large-scale and high-impact systems.
A strong predictor for success will be evident in a candidate who is an expert in Vue 2, 3, and Tailwind CSS along with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) experience. This individual has an entrepreneurial spirit who asks questions about the objectives, the impact they will have and works with velocity to achieve goals.
Responsibilities for a Software Developer will include:
- Excellent learning skills
- The spirit of getting things done with high velocity
- Ability to accept and offer constructive criticism
- Designing and writing clean, testable, and maintainable code
- Delivering new features, fixing defects, and improving the existing codebase
- Mentoring team members and modeling best coding practices
- Working closely with other Developers, Product Managers, Designers, Testers and Business Stakeholders to understand and gather requirements
- Work and collaborate with diverse group of internal Zenni cross-functional teams
- Conduct regular business reviews and take a consultative, long-term approach to build productive relationships with clients, in collaboration with the Zenni B2B team
- Maintain accurate account and opportunity forecasting
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, multimedia integration or other relevant training
- 5+ years of work experience in front end web development
- Expert in Vue 2, 3, and Tailwind CSS
- Have a sharp eye and attention to detail for both the visual rendering and coding
- Write unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Knowledge of GraphQL and REST APIs
- Ability to implement responsive design across all devices and platforms, and debug complex layout/styling issues
- Extensive knowledge of web accessibility and front-end performance
- Curiosity and excitement about technology and continuous learning and development
- Desire to deliver work in an agile environments
Your choice of PC or Mac hardware and accessories
Excellent health benefits that the company pays for and a 401k with company match
Annual employee eyeglasses stipend
Flexibility to work 100% remotely or from one of our Bay Area offices- your choice!
Interesting projects with opportunities for growth and professional development in a financially stable, successful, growing Company