All Turtles · Lead Mobile Engineer, iOS for mmhmm
mmhmm is a video communication company helping people instantly produce live and recorded video presentations that are entertaining to watch and easy to make. Founded in 2020, we believe being better at video is a crucial skill for any successful modern business. As a fully distributed, global team ourselves, we’re on a mission to empower people who work on video (that is, nearly everyone) to create more sustainable and joyful ways to work, teach, and collaborate. Our growing team includes founding members of Evernote, and we’re backed by Sequoia Capital and other leading investors. mmhmm is part of All Turtles, a studio sharing resources to help multiple brands build meaningful products people love.
As the Lead Mobile Engineer on our iOS team, you’ll be a key member of the small team developing our flagship iOS applications. You’ll work with designers, product managers and other engineers to develop new functionality, improve performance and fix bugs. We work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, preferring communication and common sense to highly structured processes and formal documentation.
You’re the right person for this job if you like to work on small, autonomous teams to create new things, take pride in the quality of the user experiences that you create, and love to see your work used by people who are passionate about what you’ve built.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Making major contributions to the application layer of mmhmm for iOS.
- Working with members of the design team to implement user experiences that are elegant and simple, and embrace Apple human interface guidelines.
- Identifying components of the application that could be refactored for improved performance, clarity, or maintainability.
- Designing software for scalability, maintainability, and security.
- Ensuring that we deliver at high quality, release after release.
You must have:
- Deep experience developing iOS applications in Swift and Objective-c.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams that include designers.
- A track record of leading activities of a small team and dividing work by skill set.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude for conveying clear thoughts and ideas.
- Worked in a startup environment. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Contributed significantly to an app with a large user base.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience with Video or WebRTC applications.
The Lead Mobile Engineer for iOS is a full-time position reporting to the Vice President of Engineering. This role can be based in any location. Since our distributed team works across US time zones, North and South American-based applicants are preferred. We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance to our employees and their dependents, as well as a suite of optional benefits and perks programs including parental leave and flexible PTO.
All Turtles and mmhmm are committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We’re committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.