Citizens Property Insurance · Lead OIC Developer
Citizens is pleased to offer this opportunity on a remote / virtual basis (either fully remote or a combination of remote and in our Jacksonville, FL office. Please note that Visa sponsorship IS being offered for this position.
Searching for a place to make your mark? Every great team depends on the individual contributions of its members – the skills, talents and the passion that each team member brings. At Citizens, we’re building a workforce of top achievers committed to our company’s mission and vision. Our company values the knowledge that comes from experienced and dedicated individuals with a variety of backgrounds, in or out of insurance.
Citizens’ Mission is to provide property insurance protection in Florida to those who are, in good faith, unable to obtain coverage through the private market while also providing the utmost in customer service. Our Values are public service, integrity, respect, responsiveness and sound judgment. We strive to not only provide affordable insurance products and services but also to provide sound financial responsibility to the citizens of Florida.
At Citizens, we are a team of dedicated, service-minded professionals committed to our policyholders. Come achieve and maximize your potential with us!
Citizens IT department offers an Agile, teamwork-based, collaborative environment and we are seeking a Lead Middleware / OIC Developer to join our Integrations and Competency Center (ICC) team. This position is responsible for solving diverse software engineering problems across the full stack using agile technical practices. This role partners with Architects, Product Owners to deliver value while maintaining technical and quality standards. You will work independently with the ability to mentor, groom less experienced staff.
In this role, you will be responsible for coding, modifying, debugging, and documenting software applications that best support business requirements by integrating various internal and external applications. Some key functions include:
- Configure, implement, and upgrade enterprise Middleware applications
- Design, and develop APIs for cloud, on-premises and hybrid solutions using Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC)
- Migrate and enhance existing OSB and SOA based integrations in on-premises Oracle Fusion middleware 12c to OIC
- Lead technical team of other Developers in the migration and retirement of on-premises Oracle Fusion middleware 12c
- Train other Developers in OIC and ensure deliverables from external implementation vendor are high quality and follow Oracle recommended best practices.
Additionally, this new team member will be responsible to develop and support webservices, file transfer processes, and other integration components. This resource will be primarily focused on developing integrations with low to medium complexity, supporting test environments, and production support activities. This individual will also support migration of Oracle Fusion middleware to a new IPaaS and will be critical in ensuring the support of test and production issues on current integrations.
Job Duties / Essential Functions:
- Design, develop and/or test full stack software engineering components (including performance, automation) i.e. front end, back end, integrations and data layer for one or more platforms.
- Develop and implement programming and quality standards aligning with underlying Product Architecture
- Leads experimentation and implementation of technical practices like Pair programming, TDD, BDD as applicable
- Provide technical advisory to Leadership and coach development staff
- Responsible for maintaining technical documentation
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Software Development or Programming) AND 7 years relevant experience, OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 10 years
- 7 years of software engineering experience.
- Master's Degree or PhD in a relevant field may substitute for 1 year of experience
- Experience in Licensing, security and best practices of OIC
- End to end Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) implementation experience with Oracle SaaS and 3rd Party Systems
- Experience in OIC platform and other integration components in OCI such as MFT, Visual Builder Studio, SOACS, Oracle Analytics, API Gateway and others.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Middleware - Oracle Fusion or another middleware platform to include Mulesoft or Oracle Integration Cloud or any other enterprise middleware platform
- SOAP and/or REST web services
- Knowledge of Core Java, OOP and design patterns
- RDMS Database / SQL
- Systems Development Life Cycle / SDLC
- Application Packaging & Deployment
- Agile / Scrum Methodology
- J2EE Full Stack Application Development
- Application Security
- Deep knowledge of SDLC
- Solid understanding of Enterprise Software Development and maintenance.
- Solid understanding of Agile mindset, principles, practices
- Data manipulation, comparison, and computation proficiency
- Proven knowledge in one or more platforms
- Solid knowledge of DevOps, Continuous Integration/ Development, Testing and Delivery
- Ability to review programming code and identify and correct issues or discrepancies
- Solid knowledge of testing concepts (test strategy, plans, test cases)
- Troubleshoot code to identify and correct defects and root cause.
- Knowledge of engineering practices like Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development or Acceptance Test Driven Development
Skills & Abilities (required):
- Identify and resolve issues and identify solutions, utilizing comprehensive analytical skills and demonstrating an attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of software design, modification, implementation, and deployment, including object-oriented programming concepts
- Domain knowledge and ability to manage and understand data parameters and relational data constructs.
- Ability to perform independent troubleshooting for complex and time sensitive issues and escalate, as necessary.
- System thinking and design skills
- Advanced proficiency at source level management, and version control. Code repository skills, testing and test planning skills.
- Self-motivated and work independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines
- Proficient knowledge of IT Security and confidential data, and Secure software development.
- Ability to pitch and experiment innovative ideas with the help of Proof of Values, Pilots etc
- Ability to effectively present technical topics to leadership, Architects and business stakeholders
- Agile Product development skills
- Testing skills at one or more layers i.e unit, components, data, Application Programming Interface (APIs), User Interface (UI)/ User Experience (UX), Performance, Security
- Ability to influence without authority
- Change leadership, mentoring and coaching
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
We offer unlimited career potential, excellent training and development opportunities, and a structured Career Development program to explore future roles of interest while growing and developing in your existing role.
Citizens offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, EAP, Tuition Reimbursement, Community Service and much more!
- Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company Paid employee basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Generous paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Company Paid Parking
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress
Citizens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.