Roundtriphealth · Lead Software Engineer
Roundtrip is devoted to creating a world in which transportation is no longer a barrier to wellbeing.
We are looking for an experience Lead Software Engineer to help design and deliver software solutions in support of Roundtrip’s marketplace and related components. Specifically, this role will be responsible for:
· Serving as a hands-on engineer.
· Collaborating with architects and product managers to find solutions to complex problems.
· Being a contributor to all aspects of our SDLC from elaboration through testing and operations.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of software development experience with web application and/or api frameworks while working in an Agile development organization. Candidates should have past experience working in a distributed team environment, be an active learner and want to grow their career in a fast-paced work environment.
This position sits on our Engineering team, is based out of our office in Philadelphia or Richmond (post-covid) or fully remote and reports to our Head of Engineering.
What You'll Do:
Document, architect, develop, and test software for our core product offerings.
Work closely with product and business leaders to understand problems and develop solutions.
Work with cross-functional teams to ensure our applications and services are highly available and reliable.
Serve as an advocate for ensuring quality, security and maintainability is built into our solutions.
Work with other engineers to help develop the collective group’s knowledge and skills.
What You'll Have:
3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails, NodeJS or other web development frameworks.
Practical experience applying software design patterns & principles to build software solutions.
Experience in designing and optimizing relational database implementations.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
What We Offer:
• Health, Dental and Vision Benefits for you and your family
• 401K with matching program beginning day 1
• Unlimited PTO with a 10 day minimum
• Company-paid lifestyle benefits you hand select twice a year (i.e. Uber, Hulu, NETFLIX, DOORDASH)
• An annual allowance for professional development and growth
• A home Office allowance to make your workspace more comfortable
• VTO: Spend a day making a difference volunteering for the cause of your choice
• Feel Good Friday: We close our ‘offices’ every other Friday afternoon so you can take time for you. No meetings, no calls, no Zoom. Want to check out a movie? Great! Make an elaborate dinner for your family? Yum! Catch up on all your work emails so you’re ready for Monday? Well…that doesn’t sound super fun, but sure, go for it!
• Fun work environment and an unmatched team!
Roundtrip is the leading digital transportation marketplace for better health outcomes. We provide a simple, comprehensive patient ride ordering software that makes available a community of ride providers who complete the transport. The company is leading the industry in reducing patient no-shows through improved ride management.
Being a part of the Roundtrip team doesn’t just mean showing up to work. You’ll need to embody these core values as a part of what you bring to Roundtrip every day.
• Stay Resilient
• Take Ownership
• Be Proactive
• Keep it Simple
• Listen First
To learn more, please visit http://roundtriphealth.com
Roundtrip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected class.
Health and Safety:
Roundtrip prioritizes the health and safety of its entire team above everything else, and we have built a comprehensive and flexible plan to address our team and client needs. We work in the healthcare space and we anticipate that some of our team members might be making onsite client visits (depending on their comfort level) in the near future.
Our offices are open and available for team members to work from if they (1) have proof of vaccination securely stored with our HR department, and (2) wear masks when not seated at a desk. All of our employees are able to work remotely, and we currently have no plans to require regular in-office presence. With the shift towards more distributed work, this has resulted in a couple of changes on our end: hiring for open roles is location-agnostic within the continental US, and we’ve added a monthly “home office allowance” benefit which gives team members some extra cash they can use to cover any equipment or services they need to make their home office comfortable.
To continue to keep our culture and connections alive, we anticipate a future where team members might travel to convene in person a few times per year. If the pandemic has taught us anything, it’s that we’ve built an incredible team that we can trust to get the job done no matter where we all are.