MariaDB Corporation Ab · MariaDB Server DB Engineer
MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you're checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used every day. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
Are you interested in working remotely in a dynamic, passionate and distributed global team with a strong open source culture? If you answered yes, then you will love working within the Server DB Engineering team at MariaDB. We are looking for a passionate and experienced Server Database Engineer to join our team!
- Writing, debugging and testing code
- Requirements analysis
- Risk assessment of larger system designs and alternative recommendations to design team
- Design, estimate, develop, test and document new features over the entire lifecycle from inception to publication
- Solid knowledge of C/C++; good knowledge of CMake and Git
- Solid knowledge of MariaDB
- Experience with open source development
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English
- Experience working remotely in geo-distributed teams
- Good knowledge of SQL; familiarity with important NoSQL concepts
- Familiarity with MariaDB internals
- Experience with at least some of the following: SQL optimizers, concurrent/distributed computing, ACID storage
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Experience with popular database performance benchmarks and code profilers
- Familiarity with databases in the cloud
- Familiarity with systemd, SELinux
- Knowledge of Perl, Python, Bash, Java
- Mac or Windows as a primary development platform
Remote: United States
What's in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You'll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with your resume/CV.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunities employer.