TurnRiver · Migration Engineer, Java
About Redwood Software
Redwood Software is a private, international company that delivers IT, finance, and business process automation to help modern enterprises excel in the digital age. Redwood orchestrates and automates business processes across complex hybrid IT environments so enterprise organizations can focus on business agility, cost efficiency, and customer experiences. Our automation solutions help thousands of organizations across 150 countries execute with speed and precision.
With the backing of Turn/River Capital, Redwood has recently merged with Advanced Systems Concepts Inc, solidifying our position as the leader in business and IT process automation. This marks an exciting time to join Redwood and become part of this dynamic growth strategy across the US, UK, and throughout Europe.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive, supportive, coaching culture, allowing you to build lasting relationships with all our team members and senior management.
Redwood is looking for a driven and seasoned Java Migration Engineer to join our Migrations Team and create migration tools, scripts, and other products to support our ongoing software migration solutions.
This is a 100% remote role anywhere in the USA and reporting to the Migration Engineering Lead.
Role and responsibilities
- Follows triaged priority and scope identified by the Migration Engineering Lead to create and maintain migration tooling and scripts, primarily focused on current/future Java-based solutions
- Document all aspects of the migration solutions
- Build, maintain and enhance the existing migration tools
- Collaborate on migration tool design, following an overall structure and making informed programming decisions
- Follows defined coding and testing standards as set forth by the Migration Engineering Lead
- Architect new and more efficient ways to migrate prospects and customers
- Participates in technical discovery calls where/when needed to further explore identified gaps or missing features for Migration Tools
- Resolves identified issues with existing migration tools where possible and appropriate
- Strong understanding and professional experience with Java
- Experience with development project management solutions such as Jira
- Experience with development change management solutions such as Git
- Understanding of data structures, including databases, flat-file storage, etc
- Strong information-gathering and searching skills
- Strong English-speaking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a collaborative environment
- Outside-the-box problem-solving skills
- Enjoys the challenge of tearing into a new piece of software to learn how it works
- Time management in reference to meeting target deadlines and prioritizing customer migration efforts
People who excel at Redwood are smart, motivated, and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best international talent in the industry? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you have answered yes to these questions, then we would love to talk to you about joining our award-winning international team.
THE LEGAL BIT
Redwood is an equal opportunity employer. Redwood prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by regional or local laws. We also prohibit discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful and will have a zero-tolerance policy applied to it.