Pragma · SDK Engineer
Pragma is supporting healthy and vibrant online communities by creating a backend game engine— a platform of services and tools that enable game studios to launch live-service games.
You'll be joining a passionate team that has scaled games such as League of Legends and Destiny 2 at PopCap, Riot, Bungie and EA. We have also scaled platforms at traditional tech companies including, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, SendGrid and Tableau. We are also grateful to partner with top-tier investors Greylock and Upfront Ventures.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced SDK engineer to join our team to implement, bolster, and support our SDK. Proficiency with C++ is a must, and experience with Unreal puts you at the top of our list. You will be working on a C++ SDK that facilitates all communications with Pragma’s backend engine & be leveraged by our partners and customers. You will design & develop APIs that game engineers use to hook into our SDK as well as aid customer integrations. Lastly, you’ll work directly in Unreal and Unity to conceive, build, and support native solutions for developers to utilise, as well as code-generation tools to support bindings to relevant game engines.
- Prior experience working with Unity and/or Unreal game engines
- Extensive experience with C++, especially in performance/memory-sensitive and cross-platform user applications.
- Experience with interop between languages and code generation is a plus.
- First-hand or close supporting experience with game development and an understanding of how game developers think/work
- Experience with automated testing, including unit, integration, functional, and load tests.
- Experience building, shipping, and operating front-ends and services at scale
- Strong customer service mindset & ability to work directly with customers to deliver an exceptional experience
- A team-oriented mindset that prioritizes team effectiveness over individual efficiency
- A remote-first work environment with quarterly in-person meetups
- Competitive pay
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision coverage for primary policyholders; 80% employer-paid coverage for eligible dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Flexible vacation
- Snacks delivered monthly
- Company-paid Discord Nitro subscription
- Paid maternity, parental, and family care leaves
- Long term and short term disability