Oven Bits · Senior Backend and DevOps Engineer
Make is seeking a full-time Senior Backend and DevOps Engineer to craft large-scale software in the Neobanking space of FinTech. Beyond problem solving and pull requests, it’s important for this person to effectively communicate and have a genuine enthusiasm for software!
Our team is passionate about creating world-class software (like this) and we want you to make us even better. If this sounds like it might fit what you’re looking for too, read on, and get in touch.
Manager of One
We rely on everyone at Make to do a lot of self-management and take initiative. People who do this well are ‘managers of one,’ and we strive for everyone to fully embody this principle. That means setting your own direction when one isn't given. Determining what needs to be done, and doing it, without waiting for someone to tell you to. A good way to answer this is be asking which of the following helps you thrive in your work:
I thrive when given detailed tasks of what to do, how to do them and when to do them
I thrive when given requirements + priorities...and prefer to self-manage my tasks
A Passion For Solving Problems
Our clients have real businesses, real customers, real opportunities and real pain points. We quickly learn their product and internal workings. Our customers view us as trusted advisors and thought leaders. This role materially shapes the products, platforms and features that our award-winning team will produce. It's important that this role helps bring clarity to ambiguous requirements or product needs...ultimately creating clear technical solutions.
About Make (letsMake.com)
Make is a highly personable design and engineering agency based in Texas and with team members worldwide. We’re passionate about creating world-class software that people enjoy using. We’re a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, designers and other great folks. Our work has been featured in Techcrunch, Mashable, US Weekly, CBS News, Texas Monthly and The Today Show. We’re proud to have a portfolio of work that viewed by millions of people every week and that’s been featured 25+ times in the Apple App Store and Google Play. At the end of the day, we view this as our life’s work and not more than our work life.
Culture + Remote Work
We’re not only passionate about our craft but also about our culture. We deeply believe that work is purposeful and that culture is one of the most important parts of any team.
- Successfully engineer large-scale systems, infrastructure and codebases
- Write thoughtful code that helps real-world needs
- Collaborate with a remote team of engineers to ship sizable software
Start Window: March - April 2023
Employment: Full-time (contract)
Communication Requirements: Must (1) have good communication skills, (2) fluent in English, (3) and be available for video calls during the workday.
Required Technical Experience
- 7+ years minimum experience developing large-scale software
- 4+ years of cloud DevOps experience (AWS, Terrraform)
- 3+ years experience with service-oriented and event-based architectures and microservices (Lambda, Fargate, DynamoDb, Aurora, EventBridge, S3, Api Gateway, SQS).
- Knowledge about Security and Networking topics in AWS (VPC Security best practices, Monitoring Strategies)
- 5+ years Node.js
- Significant experience integrating third-party services and APIs
Really Nice to Have Technical Experience
- Experience working in FinTech (mobile banking, payments, deposits, transactions, etc)
- Experience with Okta, Plaid, Stripe
- Amazon Certifications
Nice to Have Technical Experience
- Salesforce experience (Proficiency in programming using Salesforce SFDC, Force.com and their use in the development of CRM solutions)
- Experience working with and developing with https://synapsefi.com/
- Experience working with and developing with Mx.com
- Loves problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Can communicate technical items to non-technical team members
- Has a strong work ethic
- Enjoys self-managing by looking for what can and should be done
- Follows-through on responsibilities
- Attention to detail