rebellionpay · Senior Backend Engineer
Rebellion Pay was born out of the need to improve the banking experience. We want to offer a solution to manage your money around people in an easy way while having the best experience—That's our mission. Nearly 4 years later, we are almost 300,000 users and one of the most valued neobanks in Spain.
When Rebellion launched, we were just a virtual card and a bunch of people. Now, we are a team of +30 employees throughout Spain and Lithuania; people from all over Europe are using our product to manage their money in a different way. Rebellion is the 1st Spanish neobank to offer a personal IBAN and a physical card with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and access to +14 years old—everything 100% mobile. Our latest success was providing a simple and fast way to buy and sell cryptocurrencies directly with your Rebellion card.
Rebellion offers a full current account with a card—everything inside a beautifully designed app! Instant transfers, cards, smart transaction information and much more. And all you need to get hold of this is your ID and 5 minutes
Rebellion is great for you if:
- You need a wallet account for your daily use instead of your main account.
- You want to understand in real time your transactions.
- You would like to have a simple and well-designed current account.
- You need to pay with Google Pay or Apple Pay.
- You need a card to travel.
- You need a secure place to buy and sell crypto and use the money directly with the card.
- You are fed up with fees.
Right now we are exploring Crypto and DeFi. We want to experiment and discuss options for our client daily finances. We are looking for someone who is also motivated by this field and all its possibilities.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will translate business needs into server-side functionality with help of the Product team. You will work to grow the company, improving existing solutions and creating new ones. Besides, you will be working closely with the Customer, Compliance, Marketing, and Business teams, designing and developing fresh solutions, based on best practices as we scale our product and team. Also, you will ensure the robustness, performance, and failure characteristics of the solution and the system.
You will work with an experienced agile experienced team of 11 people:
- 4 Backends (2 senior, 2 junior)
- 4 Frontend
- 2 UX
- 1 Product Manager
- Experience in Node.js
- Proven experience in integration of external APIs
- Knowledge and experience with automatic test tools
- Experience working in an agile environment
- High level of English—mandatory
- Experience with making and running test on your solutions
- Care about good practices and principles
- Love to learn and experiment
- Passion to try new technologies, solutions and challenges working in multidisciplinary teams
Nice to haves
- Good knowledge of Cloud AWS Amazon
- Experience with Kubernetes and Microservices
- Knowledge of NestJS Framework
- Knowledge of MongoDB
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of React
- Proven experience working in FinTech
- Knowledge and experience working with Banking Cores
What you get
- Salary up to 40K-45K
- Work in a place where failing is part of the process.
- Remote and flexible working hours! We all have many spheres in our busy lives: family, fitness (well, some of us), work, study, and community interests.
- Also, you could choose to work from our nice office in Madrid. In Serrano 88. Or maybe a mix of Remote and Office—it’s totally up to you!
- Seeing your ideas become a reality—being part of a small and fast-growing start-up means you have plenty of chances to grow with us to the next level!
- Career Progression! If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you'll get on well here!
- A young and international team of authentic professionals who are passionate about their product. We speak Spanish, English, German, Portuguese, and Lithuanian—take your pick!
Our recruitment process in a nutshell
- After receiving your application, you will have a first Hangout with our People Manager if your profile goes through our first screening. It will be an easy-going conversation where our People Manager will tell you a little more about Rebellion Pay as a company and our culture and growth, and you will be given more details about the team which you can be part of.
- If the interview with our People Manager goes well, we will invite you to a second Hangout with our CTO and CPO. Here they will explain to you better our product and technological stack, our features, and here is where you can also clarify any more technical questions—take advantage of it!
- If you make it this far... Congratulations! Now is the time to show your skills—a technical test! Important: our test has nothing to do with Rebellion Pay—we do not ask you to do any feature or solve a problem of our app. You have 1 week to solve this test. You can upload it to a repository and pass the test to our Engineering team so they can review it.
- Finally, we invite you to the last Hangout—the test review, again with our CTO and CPO. It is important here that your test is working correctly so that everything goes as well as possible and you can be calm and confident during the test review.
Hope to see you here soon!
We do not sponsor visas.
Feel free to get to know us a bit more:
At Rebellion, we’re committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, functional diversity, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.