Superb · Senior Backend Engineer
Superb is the world’s #1 Guest Experience Management platform collecting all the tools to run a restaurant while collecting guest data to provide personal experiences, build guest relationships, increase retention and maximize revenue.
Superb created the Guest Experience Management category and is on a mission to change the way restaurants operate by using guest data. Our all-in-one platform is celebrated in the restaurant industry, trusted by the new generation of restaurateurs we’re dedicated to empowering restaurants worldwide.
The Superb opportunity:
We are looking for a remote senior backend-focused engineer to join our fast-growing company, where you will play an important role in shaping our code and infrastructure while adding new features to our SaaS platform. You will have the possibility to make an impact and innovate our stack, which follows a cloud-first approach and contains the latest tools and frameworks in software development such as Kubernetes, Docker, NodeJS, React, MongoDB, Cypress, and many AWS services.
This is your opportunity to make your signature on the experience of millions of guests visiting restaurants every day!
What a Superb Team:
Our Product and Engineering department consists of more than 20 people, with the ambition to keep growing. As a backend engineer, you will work in one of our cross-functional product development teams composed of a Product Manager, Software Engineers, Test Engineers, Data Analysts, Designers, and UX specialists. You will be joining our diverse and talented fully remote teams, working together from different parts of the globe such as Denmark, the UK, Brazil, and so on. Our team also adopts the “you build, you run it” mindset using agile methodologies in order to take ownership of a unique aspect of our product suite.
What you will do:
- Contribute to all stages in the product life cycle: design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Build features using the entire tech stack, e.g: NodeJS, MongoDB, and Kubernetes
- Operate our systems on Amazon AWS
- Work in a lightweight scrum process where we constantly streamline our tools and workflows making sure that each workday is productive and stimulating.
- Have a big impact on what we build and how we build it.
- Learning and growing constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better.
- Is some of this new to you? That’s OK! We believe that great developers can pick up new technologies quickly and we provide support to learn on the job.
What you will need:
- Have a relevant educational background within IT, bachelor level as a minimum
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience building software solutions at scale
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- You have extensive experience creating APIs and services with NodeJS and Docker
- Master the concepts of microservices and event-driven architecture
- Previous experience working with development tools and concepts such as Git and continuous integration/delivery.
- Used to work in an agile environment using scrum
- You like the idea of working in a rapidly growing startup environment.
You need to have practical knowledge of agile development and continuous delivery. You should be equipped to challenge and tune our processes, and you should be ready to mentor us in your favorite practices.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real. Any candidate that does not perfectly fit every skill we are looking for in this role is still strongly encouraged to apply
Sounds like a Superb opportunity?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so don't think twice, send your application to us. We are excited to hear from you, don’t hesitate to apply!
We only accept applications in English.
Read more about why we created the category here:
We have some Superb Perks
- Learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Need some vacation days to recharge and go explore the world? At Superb you always have some vacation paid in advance so you don't have to worry about getting that extra mojito
- An international team - we are a lot of different nationalities working together!
- We are a remote company but we have a hub in beautiful Copenhagen, soon one in Stockholm and more coming up in the future.
- You don't have a hub in your city? We will provide a seat in a co-working space near you whenever you feel like it
- Social gatherings: building relationships matter - dinner with your colleagues, geek lunches, game nights, the important is to hang out together
- Is it your birthday? Have the day off to celebrate and enjoy the way you deserve
Superb is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status