eVisit · Senior Backend Software Engineer
We are hiring a Senior Backend Software Engineer, and we'd like you to consider joining us!
We are driven by eVisit's mission: to simplify healthcare delivery to everyone, everywhere. We are creating technology to make it simpler for patients to connect with doctors, without having to go into the office.
What you will be working on: Further strengthening our Healthcare interoperability platform. Enhancing our cloud-native, microservices-based, event-driven systems. Help us grow and expand your knowledge with: AWS services, CI/CD, microservices, TDD, messaging, and everything else that is needed to build highly scalable, resilient, and cost-effective software. You will have the opportunity to work side by side with other experienced developers.
Experienced backend developer with at least 5+ years of hands-on experience with:
- Message-driven, microservices-based architecture
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) like Pulumi
- AWS serverless, SQS, Code pipeline
- Ruby programming language
- Designing and building backend web services and RESTful APIs
- SQL databases and ORMs
- Software testing best practices and tools like RSpec
- Sound technical writing and ability to express technical ideas fluently in English
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills
- We align to our office timezone (Mountain Standard Time)
- We are looking for candidates who demonstrate our company values
- Experience working in a regulated environment (Healthcare experience HL7, EMRs)
- Experience working with Single Sign-on (SSO)
- Experience working with TDD/BDD
Where’s the job?
We are 100% remote, and staying that way. We are able to hire engineers in all 50 states and internationally. You can work from wherever you want. Our team was distributed internationally even before the pandemic. It’s baked into how we work.
Our interview process (over video call):
- 30 min call with the hiring manager
- A take home coding exercise
- Three 30-minute, back-to-back, one-on-one interviews with our engineers
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, HSA & FSA plans
- Generous PTO plan, plus 10 paid national holidays
- Fun, collaborative environment where the company is working to define the future of telemedicine
- Excellent opportunity for professional growth