Sharesource · Senior Front End Developer
Who is Sharesource?
We are a social enterprise that exists to bring global opportunities closer to smart individuals. We want companies to be able to successfully grow their business by accessing the talent they need to fuel that growth, wherever they may be in the world. We want people to find success in their career and be part of a company that they can be proud of.
Each and everyone of our employees is an ambassador of Sharesource. We are committed to carry out, live out, and communicate our values and culture as a company. We hope to create a positive impact in every way imaginable.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a super smart and passionate Front End Developer or Full Stack Developer who is motivated to come and help us build the experience our customers will see and feel. This person should be a self-starter, creative thinker, proactive and enthusiastic. Someone who is focused on continuous improvement, constantly seeking to learn new things and willing to contribute to a collaborative environment will be highly successful in this role.
What are you expected to do?
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, estimate, design, and deliver new
- Follow secure and best practice coding standards and continuous integration processes.
- Design and write high quality code and valuable automated unit tests integrated with CI/CD pipeline.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement improvements to maximise development efficiency.
What's cool about this job?
- Be part of a company building a sophisticated platform and get to work on exciting and challenging projects
- You get to work with really fun, creative and passionate individuals who will not just help you grow your career but they will also make it a lot more enjoyable for you.
- You will develop your expertise using modern technologies and software development processes
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- At least 5 years of experience in software development experience with strong competency as a front end developer
- React JS development, experience with both class and functional components, Redux. Preference for Hooks a plus.
- Experience developing web pages using CSS, HTML/HTML5
- Proven eye for delivering polished UX and UI design
- Experience using version control, specifically Git
- Experience using UI libraries (Semantic UI or Material UI)
- Experience with TypeScript (or other typing alternatives)
- Excellent communication skills
We will be absolutely thrilled if you also have the following:
- Experience with Unit testing frameworks and tools (jest, Storybook, react-testing-library)
- Integrating with REST API's (Django)
- Producing design artefacts (e.g. screen mock-ups)
- Experience with interface design tools such as Figma
- Exposure to DevOps including experience with AWS
- Experience with end to end testing
- CI/CD using GitLab, including adding automation around the CI/CD processes
- Experience using Docker
- Experience with Python
What you get from joining us:
- Above market salary
- HMO coverage plus 1 free dependent
- Monthly personal coaching and regular training events
- Cool and interesting clients to work with
- Warm and friendly working environment
- Be empowered to be a leader or an expert in your field
- Flexibility to work from home
You will feel at home at Sharesource if you are:
- A driver of his/her own education, into self-improvement - reads books, listens to podcasts, subscribes to articles, with a goal in mind to create value for oneself and for others, asks for feedback from his/her head for improvement points
- With a curious mind
- Has the ability to identify problems, come up with options, and recommend the way forward
- Into process improvements - thinks of making processes more effective, streamlines processes, into working smarter
- Ready to roll your sleeves up to help get things done
- With an Attitude of Gratitude
- Self-leader, a fire starter
Your Recruitment Journey:
- The whole process takes about 2-4 weeks.
- There will be 3-4 interviews and a possible technical test from our client. You will undergo an initial interview, interview with our lovely clients. This will run for about 1-2 weeks but we will let you know if we need to ramp it up. Be yourself and have fun.
- We will constantly communicate with you as to the development of your application. You can also directly communicate with us to ask us about the status of your application.
- If all goes well, we will ask you to complete the reference check and provide other necessary requirements so we can offer you the job right away
At Sharesource, we believe that the uniqueness of each and every individual adds huge value to any organisation. As a social enterprise, we are committed to building a global organisation that attracts and leverages diversity in our team, and strives for respect and inclusion throughout our workplace and in the communities we serve.
We hire without any bias towards race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.