GraphCMS GmbH · Senior Full Stack Engineer (f/m/d)
At GraphCMS, we're building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organisations like Telenor, Burrow, Gamescom, Shure. With over $10M in funding from OpenOcean, Peak, and Paua Ventures, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of over 50 colleagues, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
- We are customer-centric and goal-driven.
- We believe in innovation and encourage everyone to voice their opinions.
- We use our own product on a daily basis.
- We are open in our communication and feedback.
Purpose of your role as a Senior Full Stack Engineer
As part of one of our product teams you will help define, improve and develop new and existing features that are used on a daily basis by our end users. This covers from initial shaping efforts, in collaboration with Product and Design, up to developing, QA and delivering work with quality built in.
You will also:
- Contribute to our general infrastructure: architecture, test automation, CI/CD, tooling
- Be part of refactors and migrations in our continuous effort to scale and keep our code base up-to-date
- Bring your creative ideas and experience to the table, having a real impact on decision making and our every day practices
- Participate in daily syncs, code reviews, and pair programming sessions
- Participate in cross-functional open discussions around upcoming work or improvements
Which technologies are we currently working with?
- Typescript, Node.js, React, Golang, PSQL
- GraphQL, REST
- Pulumi, AWS, Vercel, Cloudflare, Fastly, New Relic
- Github, Gihub actions
You will have gone through different on-boarding sessions covering our product, current architecture and relevant services we run on production, learnt about the company's origin and current vision, met colleagues from different departments as part of on-boarding as well as virtual social events held on a weekly basis.
You will also have started to get to know your teammates, learnt how we work on a daily basis, contributed changes to our code base and seen them running on production!
You will be familiar with most concepts related to our product and worked alongside your teammates to deliver features and improvements on production successfully.
You will have had a few 1:1s with your team lead to check in on how things are going, you will have taken part of some brown bag sessions to learn new things and mingle with other fellow engineers.
You will have made solid contributions to our product and stack, influenced our ways of working, shared knowledge and previous experience helping substantially with important decision making.
What we expect from you
- 7+ years of web development experience, mostly with Node.js, Typescript, and React.
- Hands on experience with relational databases and strong knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with test automation (Unit & End to End).
- Experience with iterative development, measuring results with a data driven approach and incorporating feedback based on findings.
- Capable of taking ownership and working autonomously, but also asking for help and advice when needed.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, and foster collaboration. As a team player, you enjoy both mentoring and being mentored.
- Being pragmatic and putting the bar on speed/cost/quality depending on the current context, and then adapting it over time.
While not strictly required, we also value:
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with cloud-based development (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring and observability tooling (New Relic, etc.)
- Knowledge on web accessibility
We encourage you to apply even if you are not completely sure whether you meet all our requirements. We believe that modesty is a wonderful thing and value your character as much as your talents.
Working at GraphCMS
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding and ready to support each other.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self motivation is the driving factor for our teams' success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are, and work together with individual responsibility, accountability and ownership.
- A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, latest IT equipment, and a personal growth & education package.
- Help with relocation to Berlin, Germany if you are interested after working for few months with us.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1 week for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
- Intro call with People Manager
- Interview with Hiring Manager(s)/ Mini case study or assignment if applicable
- Team-fit conversation
GraphCMS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique backgrounds, qualities, and different cultures enriches the productivity at our work space and also promotes innovation and creativity.