Homebot · Senior Full Stack Engineer
Come join one of the best places to work in Denver! Are you an engineer that loves building elegant, well-tested, scaleable, maintainable applications? Our stacks are modern versions of Ruby on Rails/Ruby on Jets, React, Ember, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis, with some Node, Go, and some other technologies mixed in.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack Engineer to grow and mature our applications while optimizing the platform for speed, reliability, and scalability.
This is a full-time position based in our Denver, CO office (hybrid working model), or fully remote* within the United States.
Compensation: This role has an annual targeted base salary range of $135,000.00 - $170,000.00, plus an annual 10% performance bonus target. For additional details on our total benefits package, please review the section “Why Homebot?” at the end of this job description.
What You'll Be Accountable For:
- Build and grow our front-ends (react, ember), APIs (rails,node, ruby on jets), datastores (postgresql, redis, elasticsearch) through new features, services, and enhancements.
- Collaborate with other team members through code reviews and occasional pair programming
- Work with team leaders to inform product road mapping, identifying bottlenecks, bugs, and devising solutions to these problems
- Understand and influence the vision and overall strategy
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation through normal efforts as well as dedicated technology focused sprints like HIP which we have every quarter.
- This role will report to your Team Lead
- You will work closely with Engineering, Product, and Design departments
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of production engineering experience
- Familiarity with concepts from Clean Code, SOLID principles, or similar
- 4-5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- 4+ years building scalable APIs
- Strong Postgres or other database experience
- Experience with Sidekiq, redis, memcache, ElasticSearch or similar
- Ability to respond to situations in a timely manner, and meet personal commitments
- Comfortable in Jest, RSpec, or similar testing frameworks and understand solid testing principles.
- Experience in scaling applications with a commitment to ensuring maintainability
- You are familiar with Real Estate and/or Mortgage Lending and the different stakeholders involved with homeownership
Characteristics of a Homebot Engineer:
- A positive, solution oriented thinker who takes initiative and adds value
- Quick learner and excited to help where needed
- A mentor to peers and likes to help others grow
- A pragmatist who places a high value on code quality
- A strong understanding of the value tests provide to a codebase
Who We Strive To Be as Homebotters:
- Servant Leaders: We serve our teammates and customers first, with the purpose of enabling and supporting them to be successful
- Respect, Thoughtfulness & Maturity: We show through our actions
- Accountability: We know our jobs & take ownership
- One Team: We make decisions, get in the same boat, & paddle together
- Diligent: We are persistent in the details
- Initiative: We seek improvements continuously
- Solution Drivers: We create solutions rather than focus on problems
- Positivity Builders: We recognize that great attitudes are contagious
- Learners: We fail fast & share from our experiences & mistakes
*For remote hires, we would plan to have you onboard in-person at our Denver office for a 2-4 week period, as well as an expectation for quarterly visits for company/team events (Homebot will cover flights and lodging for the onboarding period and quarterly onsite expectations). We also offer relocation reimbursement for out-of-state moves to the Denver area for those who are interested in relocating.
If this opportunity gets you pumped - perfect! Apply below and we look forward to speaking with you very soon! (We also read cover letters so take a moment to tell us what makes you a great fit for us!)
Homebot is in hyper-growth mode, looking for innovators to join us in revolutionizing how people build wealth with the single largest asset they'll ever own — their home. We sell our SaaS platform to real estate agents, lenders and loan servicers to engage their clients and prospects throughout the entire homeownership lifecycle. Our customers love us and we love them!
We believe in a collaborative, fun work environment. And when we say we have an awesome culture, we mean it. The team members, aka Homebotters, are not only passionate about our product, but also about how they interact with each other. We push ourselves every day to be better, challenge each other to continuously grow, and to have fun doing it. We are professional when we need to be and goofy when it's time to celebrate a win. We realize we might be a little biased so we encourage you to check out our Glassdoor reviews and visit BuiltinColorado's Best Places to Work list (#75!) and Best Small Places to Work (#21!).
We appreciate and value what our team members do every day, so we offer some amazing benefits to reward them:
- Medical (Aetna) / Dental (Sun Life) / Vision (VSP)
- Homebot covers 99% for the employee and 50% for dependents
- Great vacation policy - we believe in taking care of yourself & reward team members as they reach milestone years of service (3 weeks accrued vacation to start!)
- Paid Parental Leave - 12 Weeks!
- 401K match
- Homebot matches 100% on the first 3% and an additional 50% on the next 2% (Homebotter contributes 5% and receives 4% from Homebot!)
- Activities: Wellness Challenges, Trivia, Tequila & Chocolate Tasting, Wine & Cheese Tasting, etc.
- Budget for Home Office Setup
- Denver EcoPass for light rail and bus system
- Office location in downtown Denver (modern, spacious 4-story with top floor deck ⛰)
- Relocation reimbursement for out-of-state moves to the Denver area
- Events like: Wellness Wednesdays and Thankful Thursdays
- Onsite Massages 2x/month
- Nitro cold brew, french press, smoothie bullet and snacks (vegan, gluten-free and food allergy safe options available)
- Rotating beer tap + stocked beer/wine fridge, hard kombucha, wine tap
- Weekly catered lunches in-office on Thursdays
- Fun quarterly events like Rockies games, holiday parties, etc.
- Awesome culture! Awesome coworkers! (seriously, have you seen Glassdoor?)
- We give back to the community (Volunteer Days, Giving Tree)
- Open work environment with sit/stand desks
- Financial Wellness Program
- Free Employee Assistance Program & Mental Health Coaches
- Educational Assistance Program
- Annual Training Budget for Professional Development
More about Homebot
Problem we're solving:
The US homeownership market is the largest asset class in the world at $30 trillion but is essentially an “unmanaged” asset that causes people to leave billions of dollars on the table every year. At the same time, loan officers and real estate agents spent $20 billion a year on desperate attempts to maintain mindshare and loyalty with their past clients in hopes of gaining more repeat and referral business.
Homebot is a client-for-life portal that maximizes repeat and referral business for lenders by empowering consumers to build wealth through homeownership. The award-winning client portal delivers personalized, actionable intelligence throughout the entire homeownership lifecycle to every client and prospect. With an average 50% monthly engagement rate, Homebot ensures lenders and agents remain the trusted advisors that consumers rely on to make informed decisions about the largest asset they may ever own, their home.
It's definitely a game-changer and we are truly making an impact. Having launched in 2016, we're over 100 Homebotters strong and expect to continue that growth throughout the year. Join us!
Check out our website at www.homebot.ai