Portobel, Inc. · Senior Full-Stack Engineer
About this role
We're looking to hire a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join our small but experienced engineering team - our engineering and product teams are led by alums of Facebook, Atlassian, and Airbnb.
Rapid execution and change are part of our culture. You should be comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment and have the curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things. Portobel changes fast, and we need the people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too!
- You will work closely with the CTO, VP of Product, other engineers, and business stakeholders
- You will own a large part of the process, from understanding the problem to shipping the solution.
- You will ship high quality, scalable, and robust solutions
- You will have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives
Portobel is a technology and logistics company focused on delivering fresh, local foods to businesses and homes. We use our own innovative software platform (and unique hardware sensors) to handle all parts of the process, including order management, dispatching, communications, route optimization, temperature monitoring, driver locations, and delivery status updates.
We pick up daily batches of orders from local sources and deliver them fresh on the same day. Our delivery network features both refrigerated cargo vans and drivers who use their own vehicles to cover shorter routes.
We launched our service in the Bay Area in 2021 (with plans to expand to other cities soon). We're growing rapidly - we're doubling our revenue each quarter. We're quickly expanding our team, and there are many opportunities to advance within the company.
We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, such as General Catalyst, Heroic Ventures, and others. This is your chance to get on board a Silicon Valley rocketship!
Ideally, you're located in the San Francisco Bay Area (our headquarters are in Palo Alto) or the Salt Lake City metropolitan area. Remote work is a possibility for an exceptional candidate - we operate on Pacific time, so you should be located in a relatively close time zone and have a solid high-speed Internet connection.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with React and/or React Native, TypeScript, and node.js
- Experience with back-end code, NoSQL datastores, and cloud computing environments
- Heroku, Google Cloud, MongoDB, Devops, iOS, and Android experience are all pluses but not required
- Experience at a startup or similarly fast-paced environment is a plus
- Strong awareness of software development best practices and how they might apply (or not apply) to our company
- A good sense of UI/UX best practices
- Ability to work independently and autonomously, but still enjoy being part of a team
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Authorized to work in the United States
What matters to you
- Shaping our engineering culture
- Developing engineering best practices (product, development, hiring, etc.)
- Growing the team
- Growing the company
- Collaborating with others and sharing ideas
- Moving fast and not breaking things!
- Enjoy being a generalist, not tied down to a specific programming language or surface area of our codebase
- Competitive compensation package with full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, 401(K), PTO)
- Growth and advancement for motivated and hard-working individuals seeking long-term career opportunities
If this sounds like a good fit, we look forward to hearing from you! Please include a cover letter and CV/resume in your application.