LATAM, European timezones
Bonfire · Senior Java Developer
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with ‘good enough’, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork. Have we been looking for you**?**
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Engineering team is searching for their future Senior Java Developer
who is a critical thinker, fast learner, and SQL natural who enjoys being a problem solver.
The Senior Java Developer will be responsible for implementing new features, fixing bugs, and improving and refactoring code. Most of what you will do is web-related, so many tasks will ask you to implement REST endpoints to help achieve business objectives and connect the dots on the web. However, much of the team’s tasks are also not strictly web-related and may challenge you in other ways (e.g. data analytics, network communication, database optimization, etc.). You will have a lot of independence and agency while working, but will communicate with other colleagues daily and often work with them directly to solve coding issues.
This role lies within our Engineering department and reports to the Engineering Manager.
All Bonfire employees are expected to embrace the Mission and Values, we live together and apart: Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
Bonfire is currently supporting a virtual work environment; however, this is a contract position and is only open to candidates residing in European & South American time zones.
include but are not limited to:
- Working on REST API and Angular/Vue.js frontend apps
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining Java applications that are often high-volume and low-latency, and required for mission-critical systems
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Writing well-designed, efficient, and testable code
- Conducting software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging
- Supporting continuous improvement
- Investigating alternatives and technologies
- Presenting for architectural review
- An excellent knowledge of Spring (Boot)
- A strong understanding of how JPA/Hibernate works
- Fluent in English and able to comfortably communicate in spoken and written forms with ease
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our team member offerings:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Flexible scheduling
- Year-round swag giveaways
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself