Instalent · Senior Java Engineer (Back End)
Our partner is a rapidly expanding international technology and data science business. They build high quality SaaS solutions which automate data science using advanced machine learning and deep learning techniques. They use some of the trendiest technology on the planet so you will never get bored of doing the same thing.
About the role
They are looking for a talented developer to join their team. The job entails building and maintaining high performance big data machine learning based models and pipelines to facilitate all their SaaS products for some of the world's leading brands. You'll be part of a remote team of engineers and data scientists based in the United Kingdom, South Africa, and Hungary.
* Work with development and product teams to create innovative software solutions
* Design server-side architecture
* Build the back-end of applications utilizing well known design patterns
* Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
* Test software to ensure it is scalable and extensible
* Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
* Create security and data protection settings
* Write technical documentation
* Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
* Good understanding of technology stacks including mobile, hybrid, back, middleware and front-end development
* Strong Core Java
* Spring Boot, Spring Data and wider Spring experience
* Familiarity with multiple database engines including SQL & No SQL
* Microservice experience
* Understanding of message driven architecture
* REST API development with a good understanding of accompanying standards
* Experience mentoring software developers
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to customers, executives and non-technical leaders
* Understanding of product development and quality assurance processes
* Experience and understanding of technical considerations for cross product projects
* Knowledge and experience of industry standard tools including budgeting, scheduling, team and task management
* Be entrepreneurial, with a collaborative, supportive and team-based approach.
* Strong knowledge of Java and/or other back-end languages (e.g. C#, Python) would be an added plus
* Creating and managing of GraphQL API's
* Working experience with message brokers, for example but not limited to SQS, RabbitMQ or ActiveMQ
* Possesses good business acumen and sound judgment
* Experience of managing a technical product build and campaign-based project
and ensure best practices are followed and kept.
The company offers:
Remote and flexible working
Exciting Clients and Projects
Benefits: stock option plan, staff referral scheme, quarterly staff events, wellness day, volunteering opportunities, birthday lie in, sunshine hours, Christmas gift cards, Flexible Leave Policy, private health care, cafeteria system, enhanced maternity & paternity leave, drinks & snacks, fruit.