Plan.com · Senior PHP Developer (Permanent)
Telecommunications and technology company plan.com requires a talented PHP Developer proficient and experienced with multiple back-end systems.
Working with leading-edge, innovative technology and alongside daring, talented thinkers, you'll help us drive our award-winning tech to the next level. This means continually pushing the boundaries, transforming the industry with every turn.
Working closely with the wider Tech team, the ability to work and communicate well with a team is critical.
The ideal candidate will have strong programming skills, want to work with the latest technologies and fast-track their own career development whilst working at the UK's fastest growing Tech company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintain a range of existing systems (CronJobs, Gearman tasks, APIs etc.)
· Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
· Write efficient, testable, and reusable PHP code
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Excellent knowledge of PHP 5.6/7
· Knowledge of Object-Oriented PHP programming
· Understanding of PHP’s fully synchronous behaviour
· Integration of external data sources (MySQL/Redis/Azure Blob Storage)
· Experience of long running scripts (i.e. Cron/message queues)
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git