Catalyst Software · Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Catalyst is the world’s most intuitive Customer Success Platform (CSP), and was built by an experienced group of industry leaders. Our software integrates with all of the tools that CS teams are already using to provide one centralized view of customer data. Customer Success Managers can subsequently take the right actions to prevent churn, increase product adoption, and align the entire organization on a unified workflow to manage customers throughout their journey. Catalyst helps organizations turn Customer Success into a company-wide mission.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Catalyst, you will help shape our infrastructure and build the foundation our team relies on for the rapid delivery of our product. We’ll depend on you to instill best practices for building scalable distributed systems, with an emphasis on observability and fault tolerance. Our current stack consists of technologies such as Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, and we are in the process of moving towards microservices and serverless. If you thrive in a growth stage startup environment, and are looking for more ownership and the ability to have a large impact, we would love to meet you.
What You’ll Do
- Manage our GCP and AWS infrastructure, with an emphasis on configuration as code
- Keep our site and our services up and running or getting it back up and running quickly when failure occurs
- Improve monitoring and work with developers to improve performance and reliability
- Participate in technical design reviews and architecture planning
- Debugging complex problems across an entire stack and creating solid solutions
- Collaborate with product managers and developers to evolve our gitops delivery pipeline
- Working closely with internal partners and teams to ensure that we ship software that meets security, SLA, and performance requirements
- Help build our on-call policies and runbooks
- Take ownership of projects and demonstrate a high level of accountability
- Manage our data infrastructure and pipeline
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining cloud infrastructure for distributed production systems
- 1+ year of experience as a backend engineer developing enterprise web applications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knows their way around a Unix/Linux shell, can write shell scripts, and understands Linux internals
- Experience debugging complex problems
- Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale production systems
- Proficiency in Bash, Python, or other scripting languages
- Experience in databases and data warehouses
Technologies You’ll Need
- Demonstrated experience with configuration and orchestration tools such Terraform, Cloudformation and Ansible
- Experience with containers, such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with the suite of GCP and AWS services
- Experience operating and tuning data stores such as PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch
- Experience with managing the infrastructure that backs data pipelines and data lakes such as Airflow and Snowflake
- Experience managing streaming infrastructure such as Kafka or Kinesis
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
- Highly competitive compensation package, including equity - everyone has a stake in our growth
- Monthly Mental Health Days and Mental Health Weeks twice per year where the company takes off
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved ones
- Unlimited vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need - we trust you to strike the right work/life balance
- Annual education stipend, to ensure that you're continuously expanding your skill set
- Monthly wellness stipend, to ensure that you’re taking care of both your physical & mental health
- Monthly remote team-building events, including game nights, trivia, cooking/mixology classes, and more!
Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer, meaning that we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.