GoDaddy · Senior Software Dev Engineer - PHP
Remote: This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
We are looking for a skilled engineer who is confident in and working with collaborative, globally distributed teams. The ideal candidate is experienced and confident enough to hit the ground running. A laid back personality is a plus. Must have at least 4 working hours overlap with MST (GMT -7).
What you'll get to do...
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Develop REST APIs.
- Build back end website applications.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Collaboratively contribute to our code libraries, code reviews, process improvements, and technical decisions.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
Your experience should include...
- Strong knowledge of modern PHP development using micro-frameworks.
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns - bonus for ADR.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds.
- Familiarity with microservices.
- Strong understanding of Unit Tests and Integration Tests - both front and back ends.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages.
- Top notch communication skills.
- Experience working remotely or with a distributed team
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.