Peel Insights · Senior Software Engineer: Frontend
About the role
We’re looking for an engineer that is a passionate web developer but that also has the skills to expand out of that. We are looking for someone who strives to go beyond what is possible in a web browser with strong design sensibilities and a desire to create interfaces that are a pleasure to use.
What you'll do
- Maintains a zero policy for platform errors, proactively discusses and syncs with CS on important issues to act fast and deploy fixes.
- Keeps an eye for pixel-perfect design on our web platform projects.
- Keep our product up-to-date with the latest frontend technologies such as React and ES2016+
- Take a significant role in building strong customer-focused experiences in our web projects.
- Work closely with the team to deliver features and product updates following our busy roadmap while adapting to the unpredictable constant impacts of customer requests.
- Be on the Eastern (EST) or at most 3 hours way (PST) since our team is located in NY, Boston, Colorado, Mexico, and Costa Rica, and we want as much overlap for working hours as possible.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Constantly maintains a good attitude towards making product changes and moving the needle week after week.
- Has previous engineering experience in building and scaling web apps that drive rich front-end experiences.
- An engineer that in the face of uncertainty it thrives, someone that is persistent and doesn't need specific instructions or guidance into solving problems.
- A skilled engineer in web technologies with a specialization in React and Redux.
- Has a strong say about API Design, knows well what would work best in different situations, and is not afraid to look beyond web development to make or suggest any changes needed.
What you'll love about us
We are a mighty customer-driven product-focused growing company filled with motivated people that join together from a variety of backgrounds and skillsets to push new ideas and projects to the finish line. We are a fully remote team too!
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Unlimited vacation and paid company holidays
- Early stock option grants opportunity
- Team bonding activities, even in our remote worlds
- Laptop and other equipment fundamentals; monitor, keyboard, and mouse
- Endless learning opportunities
Peel is an automated analytics platform for e-commerce businesses on Shopify. We are a product-first company who believes that the best teams operate when they are informed by data - lots of it, so we are creating a more efficient, extensive, affordable way for companies to do it.
We are a fully remote product-driven team reinventing the way eCommerce teams access and comprehend data analysis and are working to fulfill our vision to make data simple, reliable, and visually intuitive for everyone.