YAA · Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
YAA is a membership platform for empowered car buying and ownership. We are an advocate for the consumer in their auto journey. The vehicle purchase and ownership experience is broken, and anyone who has tried to buy a car, or get a repair has experienced it. YAA is here to make sure that doesn’t happen anymore
We provide a combination of resources, education, community, and expert support to help our members save time and money for all things related to their auto. This is a massive market with nearly 300 million vehicles registered in the United States, and thus a chance to make a major impact in a segment that desperately needs it.
Recently, we raised over $4m in Seed funding from well known venture capital firms to invest in fulfilling our mission. We are looking for team members who are interested in making a positive impact on society in a fast-growth, entrepreneurial setting.
We are driven by a core set of principles and strive to incorporate them into everything we do. We have an unwavering commitment to help our members and we never take any compensation from car dealerships or automotive manufacturers. We are solely the consumers' advocate. We take pride in creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable company culture, where our open and honest approach to work fosters innovation and encourages employees to achieve professional and personal growth. We are entrepreneurial and scrappy. We don’t mind getting our hands dirty. We are entirely committed to scaling YAA from tens of thousands to millions of members over the next few years.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate software engineers with insatiable aspiration to make an impact on our customer’s lives and grow with the company. Our ambitious roadmap needs your superpowers to build our back-end services in Python/Node.js and front-end UI in React. In this role, you will be reporting to the Head of Engineering to deliver awesome experiences for our customers with engineering excellence.
- Love for engineering excellence. You get excited by building scalable, performant, and cost-efficient software.
- Continuous Learner and Energized by Innovation. You enjoy learning technology and architecture advancements in cloud, react, and microservices and innovate with impact.
- No Problem is Unsolvable. The thought of diving into challenges and solving tough technology, customer, and business problems excites you!
- Customer Focus. You want to be part of the company with drive to make a huge impact to improve our customer’s lives.
- Execution Excellence. You enjoy simplicity in design and implementation to solve complex problems that makes you feel proud.
- Strong Technical Skills. You love developing on AWS cloud with serverless technologies and React for the front end.
- Design, develop, and release of scalable, secure, and performant REST services on AWS.
- Collaborate with engineering and product leadership to deliver awesome experiences for our customers.
- Automate all unit tests and integration tests.
- Develop customer facing UI in React using the best practices.
- Apply clean architecture, maintainable software and consistent design patterns.
- Continuously learn on emerging technologies, trends, and best practices to strengthen YAA’s technology platform and development practices.
- Eliminate friction for customers and the business by delivering high quality software.
- Own the engineering and business outcomes to meet timelines that help to grow oneself and the business.
- Recruit top talent to deliver on our product and tech vision.
- Do the right thing by not taking shortcuts and be an advocate of best customer and developer experience.
- NoSQL Database
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
- Free Food & Snacks
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
YAA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.