Headlight Technologies Inc. · Senior Software Engineer
Remote candidates anywhere in the United States are encouraged to apply.
In short, HeadLight is disrupting the construction industry and we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join in on this upward trajectory. Our goal is to revolutionize and digitize an industry where technology was overlooked.
HeadLight is a Series B funded startup in the midst of an exciting growth phase. Since day one, we have valued a collaborative working environment, where our employees can thrive on sharing innovative ideas. As much as we value wanting to promote a progressive trajectory in the construction industry, we also value promoting professional development and growth within our team.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for leading development projects and mentoring non-Senior engineers. You will work with a talented team to continue building an innovative platform reducing customers’ budget, time, and risk. You will collaborate with engineers, program managers, and test engineers to deliver critical applications and improve upon HeadLight’s existing infrastructure.
HeadLight delivers industry-leading technology to infrastructure construction teams. Our visual-based inspection and verification technology enables clients to streamline and mobilize project inspections, communications, and documentation leading to superior project deliveries. The HeadLight platform has been used on transportation construction projects nationwide. Customers include large departments of transportation, top-tier consulting engineering firms, contractors, equipment manufacturers, and industry-related materials companies.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Design and implement APIs, UI components and web interfaces
- Have the opportunity to own a variety of projects from conception to deployment
- Mentor non-senior engineers and participate in code reviews
- Participate in system-level design
- Collaborate with internal and external partners
- Contribute in developing processes for scaling our solutions, both technically and systematically
- Work on integrations with third party systems
- You are excited to learn and have the passion to work on innovative software
- You enjoy mentoring and sharing your knowledge with junior engineers
- You are a team player that thrives on great ideas
- You want to be challenged in a fast paced and growing environment
- You want to have a direct impact
- At least 7+ years of systems programming experience
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and Node.JS
- Experience with Docker and container-based development
- Familiarity with REST or other API design/implementation
- Experience with delivering cloud-based software