SquarePeg · Senior Software Engineer, Notary Platform
We are working with the premier Online Notarization Platform company to find a Senior Software Engineer for their Notary Platform team in the U.S.There are 1.25 billion notarizations a year in the US alone. Home purchase, designation of beneficiaries, medical authorization for minors, powers of attorney, vehicle certification of ownership, notarizations power life's most important transactions. Our partner is leveraging industry best practices, to make these transactions easy, secure, and available. Above all, they are the platform that customers can trust, it is why they are the industry leader in Online Notarization.
It is why they were able to grow over 600% last year, raise $160M in series D funding from investors like Capitol G (Google), Citi, and Wells Fargo, and why Forbes named them to their "next billion dollar startup list".
You will be a key member to build out the notary platform. The platform, much like the familiar ride sharing system, is where end users (signers) get routed to meet notaries and complete notarization online. The matching uses sophisticated algorithms in the robust routing engine the team proudly developed and continues to enhance, and you will be part of it! Digitally certified notaries sign up in the platform using the intuitive onboarding flow that catered to their specific needs - whether they are employed by their companies to serve their own employees, or ones to offer their services as a main or complimentary job for our signers. The notary platform is always available, built to scale, and provides the best user experience possible, with security, accuracy, efficiency that far exceeds the traditional in-person notarization. It's the platform of trust where signers conduct their life's most important transactions, and notaries rely on its easy-to-use tools to get the job done.
- Use Ruby on Rails (back-end), React (front-end), Postgres through AWS RDS, Heroku, and GraphQL
- Collaborate with stakeholders, designers and product managers in early phase definition
- Work with other engineers during implementation and deployment
- Align with customer support to analyze impact
- Design, build, extend, and support a highly available and scalable infrastructure
- Provide leadership and critical input on the design of our technologies and services across the stacks
- Have the opportunity to work with iOS (Swift), and Android (Kotlin) stacks if you're interested
- 4+ years of full-stack experience
- Previous experience working with a team of engineers on product development, preferably in a SaaS environment
- A passion for good user experience, robust algorithm to solve complex problems, clean scalable architecture
- A love of problem solving, and delivering innovative product solutions to improve people's lives
- A willingness to learn in any part of the stack - from web interfaces to APIs, data layers and back-end services, and openness to new technology for the right solution.
- A belief in good unit test coverage, strong test case scenarios - active consideration of the different ways features will be used
- The ability to work autonomously and own problems from end to end
- Effective communication and active listening skills, with a thoughtful, collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-distributed team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) + wellness day each month