Statice · Senior Software Engineer (w/m/d)
Statice is a German data privacy startup and was founded in 2018. Our team believes in a data-driven future where the individual’s privacy comes first, yet innovation is not hindered. With Statice, organizations of all sizes remove existing barriers to data usage and safeguard their customer privacy by generating privacy-preserving synthetic data that is fast to access and compliant to process. With the recently-announced financing round, Statice is at the onset of a new phase. Learn more at https://www.statice.ai/
Statice's core competence is synthetic data. Synthetic data can be used for plenty of purposes, lots of them having to do with protecting the privacy of the subjects in the data. Among our products, we offer an SDK (software development kit) that our customers use to add synthetic data capabilities to their tools and workflows. We also use the SDK internally to develop our other products.
Your main responsibility will be to lead the efforts on the SDK front. You will have to add new capabilities as well as improve the usability of the existing ones.
- Extend and enhance the Python library and the command-line application used by our customers and ourselves.
- Be a reference to others for best software development practices and code quality.
- Be a reference for architecture.
- Provide an outstanding user experience to our customers: API usability, documentation, versioning; also provide an outstanding user experience to our internal users: automation, training, awareness.
- Experience, at senior level, in the development of libraries and applications, preferrably in Python.
- We know "senior" means different things for different people. We expect you to have more than 5 years of relevant experience in a corporate environment, or comparable experience.
- Solid computer science and software engineering foundations.
- Not a requirement but definitely a plus: experience with big data platforms and the cloud. The likes of Spark and cloud counterparts will be very useful for your work in Statice.
You will join an international and dedicated 18-person team in a growing startup, with plenty of opportunities for impact and personal growth. We are a diverse team of curious and open-minded people, working from Germany and elsewhere in Europe. We enjoy working together and value respect, honesty, and openness. Our product, privacy research, engineering, and commercial teams work closely together and value the quality of our collaboration. Our employees benefit from:
- Fair and competitive compensation
- Flexible work-schedule
- Self-service learning budget
- Support with relocation & visa application
- 30 days paid holidays
- Work-from-home flexible policy
- Remote-friendly in the EU or work from our beautiful Berlin-Schöneberg HQ
- German language lessons
We are actively hiring despite the pandemic, and we have adapted our processes accordingly. Our team is working in a remote-first fashion since March 2020, and all interviews will be conducted remotely by default.
Statice is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability nor age.