CET ±3 hours
duneanalytics · Software Engineer, Application
About Dune Analytics
Dune Analytics is on a mission to make crypto data accessible. We started out in 2018 pioneering a new way to query blockchain data, using generated tables and decoded data. Today we’re a collaborative data analytics platform which is used by tens of thousands of developers, analysts, investors and community members to better understand how the crypto ecosystem works.
dune.xyz is one of the most widely referenced sources of onchain data for blockchains such as Ethereum and xDAI (with many more coming). Our community is constantly creating novel analyses, clever data abstractions and dashboards in the open, making the knowledge in the ecosystem truly compounding.
Today we’re a team of 7 full time members working remotely from all across Europe. We cherish working on a product that first and foremost enables our users to create and do their own research. We’re backed by some of the world's best investors, and we’re constantly looking for the best colleagues to join our outfit.
We’re now at a crucial stage in our journey, as the financial activity on blockchains is exploding. Dune needs to scale to ingest ever-increasing volumes of data from a rapidly increasing number of sources, and facilitate performant and user-friendly querying of this data via SQL and other APIs.
About the role
Dune is a small team building large things. We are generalist engineers who pick up any and all challenges together. We like to think and design before jumping into coding. We mainly use Go and TypeScript to build scalable systems that are easy to build upon.
As a software engineer in Dune focused on our applications you will play a key role in ensuring a world class experience for our users and customers on duneanalytics.com. Our application is written in Typescript, uses React and Next.js, talks GraphQL to an Hasura API and is hosted on Vercel.
In this role you will:
- Work with PMs, designers and other engineers to build new features and improve the user experience on Dune.
- Minimize downtime and latency across our application stack.
- Make life easier for users browsing content on Dune, through implementing e.g. content curation and social features.
- Make life better for users creating queries and dashboards, through improving and iterating on the Dune query editor.
- Write mostly Typescript with an emphasis on good design, tests and performance.
- Collaborate in a respectful team environment that is fully distributed
You might be a great fit for this role if:
- You are a strong generalist with fundamental computer science knowledge. You use this knowledge to easily adapt to new technologies and scenarios, and to find the right solutions for the problems at hand.
- You have a background in building usable and performant web applications.
- You have an understanding of distributed system design, or the drive to learn if you’re a more junior engineer. Our work is as much about understanding and designing systems as it is about coding in a particular language.
- You have great collaboration and communication skills. We work on the principle that the best output emerges from effective team work and respectful/constructive discussions.
- Coding experience in Typescript, along with a zeal for writing well-designed, testable code
Perks and Benefits
- Remote role with flexible working hours within a fully distributed team
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Regular offsites with the team (when covid allows)
- 5 weeks paid vacation + local public holidays
- Stipend for setting up your home office / co-working space.
You can also connect with us here: https://grabacoffee.io/dune