Seek Now · Software Engineer II
Founded in 2012, Seek Now has become one of the fastest growing companies in the insurance tech space by enabling a gig-economy for property inspections. In an industry generally not known for being "high-tech," we pride ourselves on creating solutions previously thought impossible while at the same time being in a unique position to influence the future of how this industry works entirely. We foster an engaging, collaborative environment across many engineering disciplines such as web, mobile, computer vision & machine learning, drones, 3d visualizations, and novel AR/VR experiences.
We are looking for a full-time software engineer who has proven experience designing and maintaining mission-critical customer-facing applications. Because we are driven to improve our customers' experience, we need a person who is curious and enjoys problem solving. You will work on a small team and participate in all aspects of the software engineering process, from developing new features on existing products to designing, architecting and implementing entirely new product offerings.
This position is based in Atlanta, GA but is being offered on a fully remote basis.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- On a cross-functional team, collaborate with others to design, architect and implement new major new software initiatives
- Design and maintain existing software applications
- Draft technical documentation for reference and reporting for future maintenance and updates
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A full stack engineer with experience designing and maintaining RESTful backend APIs to serve multiple frontend clients including traditional web apps as well as mobile
- Experience with Java and Spring Boot (or related technologies such as general Spring Framework, JPA/Hibernate, etc.)
- Experience shipping modern, mission-critical customer-facing web and mobile applications
- Experience with modern web frameworks such as Angular or React
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Works well in a collaborative agile-based environment as well as on self-directed projects from time to time
- Ability to think critically and solve the right problems
Education and Desired Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 3 (three) years of experience in all aspects of the software development process in a data- and test-driven environment
- Minimum of 3 (three) years of experience working with and designing RESTful backend APIs
- Minimum of 3 (three) years of experience with relational databases
- Bonus: experience with AWS, particularly S3, SQS, and SES
- Bonus: knowledge of containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Bonus: knowledge of Linux system administration basics
- 5% of travel time expected for this position
- Travel to Atlanta/Louisville offices and conferences
Benefits and Perks:
Seek Now offers exceptional compensation and a great benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company match, paid time off (PTO), short and long-term disability insurance, AD&D insurance, life insurance, and more as it becomes available.
Seek Now is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Seek Now does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.