Kona · Software Engineer
We’re hiring Software Engineers!
At Kona, we help remote teams build trust and fight burnout. If you’re interested in building software that helps make empathy mainstream at work, this is the position for you.
You’ll get a ton of learning, ownership over the product, and a driving seat in our journey :)
- Manager: You’ll report to Andrew Zhou (co-founder, Product/Eng) and work closely with Sid Pandiya (co-founder/CEO) alongside an engineering team of 4 (growing to 9 this year).
- Compensation: Salary + Equity
- Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental (75% of each is covered by the company)
- PTO: Unlimited, with minimum 15 days per year (we encourage each other to take time off)
Technologies we use:
Python, React, AWS, GitHub
- Build and support APIs in Python
- Build and support frontend experiences in React/Typescript
- Manage simple AWS architecture
- Learn from customer needs (watch customer call recordings, chat with customers on Slack and occasional video calls)
- Work with founders and other engineers to make decisions on product, architecture, UX, etc.
- Any modern programming language (we use Python)
- Cloud infrastructure tools (we use AWS ECS)
- NoSQL or SQL databases (we use AWS DynamoDB)
- Full-stack development
What we’ll love about you:
- You have experience building or directly contributing to a great product
- You care about mental health, burnout, and wellbeing at work
- You’re excited about new products and want to be responsible for owning and improving a new, growing codebase
- You have empathy for users and can put yourself in their shoes
- You have a strong learner’s mindset and are motivated by personal growth
What does success look like in this role?
In 1-2 years as a successful engineer at Kona, you will...
- Own and deliver on multiple company-defining projects
- Lay the foundation for tech that will scale to millions of users
- Meaningfully impact culture at some of the top companies in the world
- Help build and scale the engineering team and culture
- Lead experiments and drive learnings in relevant aspects of building a startup (product, UX, technical architecture, hiring, company values, etc.)
- Grow as an engineer and human in ways you wouldn’t have expected