Rubris · Software Engineer
Rubris Inc. is a software company that provides technology and support for complex business and legal processes in the Mass Tort industry. We create solutions to streamline and automate processes to improve efficiency in the management of often complex workflows in this industry.
Rubris is looking for a Software Engineer to play a pivotal role in the organization by helping us design and build new features and enhance our highly configurable and dynamic application as we support our ever growing list of projects and clients, each with their own complexities.
Our incredible software development team at Rubris is looking to add smart people that can help us improve our application, as well as our software processes. We anticipate continued expansion and plenty of opportunities and advancement for people who can step in and help lead us in that growth.
Primary Job Responsibilities Include:
- Write and update code for proprietary database-backed web application
- Participate in design discussions for upcoming features
- Coordinate with team to ensure that code changes are merged and deployed smoothly
- Collaborate with team when changes are complex, time-critical, and/or high-risk
- Update documentation as needed for new and existing features
- Work with team members design new product features and enhancements
- Assist in the scoping and sequencing of upcoming work items
- Translate business requirements into software designs and code
- Identify enhancements, refactoring opportunities and fix bugs as necessary
- Create custom SQL queries and reports
- Follow best practices for test-driven development, refactoring, code standards and documentation
- Create and maintain unit tests
- Create custom Ruby scripts to load data, perform post-deployment migrations in support of the Operations team
- Regularly attends stand up meetings and participate in team retrospectives
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field preferred and at least 2-3 years of software development experience
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- High degree of organization, process oriented, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- Able to communicate professionally, concisely, and factually in written and oral formats
- Adaptable and flexible in providing client support and supporting other team members; able to work outside of business hours when needed
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Able to maintain composure and professionalism in the face of rapid changes and urgent requests
- Strong attention to detail with a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
- Able to independently and actively manage time, tasks, and tools to meet deadlines and deliverables
- Technical skills preferred, not required
o Ruby on Rails
o YAML Configuration Files
o Integration Testing
o Agile (Kanban Style)
o GitHub and GitHub Actions
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Work that Matters
- 100% work from home
- Fully paid employee medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Five weeks of annual paid time off (PTO) plus 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Quarterly bonus program
- Training, coaching, and career growth
Shift your perspective.
Ideas are developed by understanding different points of view. As Albert Einstein said, "No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.”
We have better experiences and achieve more when kindness and generosity are abundant. Share your time, share your experience, and share your compassion.
Love what you do.
Wake up each morning excited to learn new skills, incubate ideas, and develop relationships. Choose your love of the process over your desire for control of the outcome.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Rubris believes in creating a culture of equality in our workplace. We embrace difference and diversity of identity, experience and thought and seek to attract, develop, and advance the most talented individuals regardless of their race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or any other dimension of diversity. The success of our team members drives the success of our business and promoting a culture in which every team member feels respected and supported creates a workplace in which we all can accomplish our goals.