Cumul.io · Solutions Engineer
If you love transforming data into actionable insights and working with clients, we would love to talk to you. Cumul.io is looking for a Solutions Engineer, a jack of all trades combining data, dashboards, and a customer-centric mindset.
Who we are:
Cumul.io is a B2B SaaS start-up making waves in the data visualization & analytics space. Our SaaS platform helps customers create powerful and native looking customer facing dashboards in days instead of months (see for yourself!).
Still a nimble and dynamic startup, but we are growing fast. While we regularly go up against industry titans in competitive situations, our outright focus in embedded analytics sets us apart so we're winning at an accelerating rate.
We are currently serving hundreds of companies in 31 countries in the HR, Logistics, MarTech, EdTech, FinTech, Public sector, ... spaces. We know where our strengths lie and we've recently raised a round of funding to push us towards our ultimate goal of becoming the default embedded analytics platform for all of SaaS.
If you're looking to join an underdog with an upwards trajectory and plenty of career development opportunities, then you should apply.
What this job will offer:
- A wide variety of responsibilities, ranging from working with clients and translating their goals into concrete Cumul.io datasets & dashboards to setting up data pipelines for our customers.
- In a dynamic start-up environment, you will get the opportunity to rapidly grow both your technical and interpersonal skills and learn from your entrepreneurial colleagues.
- You’ll make an impact in organizations from different sectors and sizes by helping them gain the most out of their data through the use of our platform.
- You'll receive a competitive salary with extra-legal advantages.
What this job expects of you:
- You will help customers get the most out of their data by assisting them with their implementation of Cumul.io. Supporting them with various topics such as their data and infrastructure setup, advising them on best practices in visualization and guiding them in the technical setup and integration of Cumul.io in their software.
- In addition, you will create and maintain data pipelines that open up client data to Cumul.io's platform, advise on and/or implement database and data model optimizations, work out Proof of Concept integrations, etc.
- As an integral part of Cumul.io's team, you will help grow our platform by identifying and shaping platform improvements.
Who we are looking for:
- You love juggling data around and have strong analytical skills.
- You have experience in building and optimizing data pipelines and architectures. You have experience with relational databases (eg. PostgreSQL) and/or NoSQL solutions (eg. Clickhouse, Elasticsearch, Snowflake, ...)
- You can develop simple to moderately complex code in at least one programming language like Node.js, Python, Perl, Java or similar. You have knowledge on communicating with external web services (RESTful services)
- You have experience in simple web application development
- You have a curious mindset and are always looking for better, cheaper, more maintainable, ... solutions.
- You are a confident and self-driven person, naturally engaging with clients & colleagues and independently managing your time and projects.
- You speak English fluently. Knowledge of Dutch, French or other languages is a plus.
- You are able to work CEST/CET business hours.
- You are open to working remotely or joining our Belgian office!
How we work:
- Empower the success of others - Empowering our customers is always placed at the very heart of Cumul.io. Our ability to deliver on our promise will determine the future of our organization.
- Accomplish daily - We prefer to tackle challenges via small working pieces rather than one “work in progress”. Through incremental learning we accomplish greater, bigger things.
- Innovate fearlessly - Just because something hasn’t been done doesn’t mean it can’t be. At Cumul.io all teams innovate fearlessly. We aim high and raise the bar everyday.
- Be personal globally - We have an international focus and concern ourselves with the success of our clients across the world. We believe that maintaining transparency and respect is key, which is the secret to making great things happen.
- As a team with respect to the individual - At Cumul.io we believe in working together to reach a common vision. We do this while keeping the highest respect for each individual and their personal situation.
- Have fun - Yes, we’re professionals who love a good challenge, but we also love to have fun while doing it. We get a kick out of what we do and celebrate our achievements and our failures.