UK, Germany, France & the Netherlands
BackMarket · Technical Program Manager
Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 434M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021! We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : the Bureau Of Technology
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
About the job :
As a Technical Program Manager at Back Market, you will partner with our engineering and product teams to assess needs and drive the evolution of our platform and help us reach our goal to become the global leader in the refurbishing world. In this role, you will identify critical tech epics that must be delivered to support the business growth. You will “make it happen” by managing high-impact projects across multiple tribes within BackMarket, from concept to delivery. You will collaborate on our roadmap, and bootstrap new programs that will enhance our ability to reach our ambitious goals.
What you will do :
- Develop and manage cross-functional technical programs, facilitating relationships across our Bureau of Technology
- Work with our Product and Engineering team to define/refine our roadmap and execution strategy
- Drive internal process improvements across teams, remove blockers, and deliver high-impact projects with a focus on efficiency, performance, and quality
- Assess business impact, prioritize initiatives and drive accountability in a fast-paced environment through project planning and strong stakeholder management skills
- Maximize resources and anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance the business needs against technical constraints
- Develop robust engineering accountability measurements, maintaining high-quality engineering work with clear KPIs
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
Examples of projects you could / will manage:
- Monolith migration towards microservices
- Evolving our API Gateway
- Insure our new Authentication service is covering all the engineering needs
- Launch of our Asian cluster
- And many other topics!
Who you are :
- 5+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, or technical product/program management experience
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery
- Curious, adept at gathering requirements and defining scope
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership
- Exceptional communication skills
- Organizational, coordination, and multi-tasking experience
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones
Recruitment process :
* Call with Yann one of our tech talent acquisition specialist
* Interview with our Platform Engineering manager and our Lead SRE
* Interview with our Mobile Engineering Manager + a Product Owner
* Interview with our Chief of Staff and our Head of Platform Engineering
* Interview with our co-founders, Quentin, CTO & Thibaud, CEO
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote-friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Technical challenges all day every day: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
BackMarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.