ArborMetrix · VP Engineering / Software Architect
Advancing healthcare through data science is our mission. Delivering high impact, intuitive technology and analytics is our passion.
We are driven by outcomes. Our tailored healthcare intelligence solutions are central to identifying actionable insights that advance care and improve patient outcomes, drive physician engagement and productivity, and enable success with value-based payment models and CMS quality reporting. We deliver clinically-rich solutions that lead to results that have a real impact on real people.
The Vice President of Engineering is responsible for leading software/data engineers in the design and implementation of our platform, providing technical direction and mentoring, and documenting and communicating complex concepts both to engineers and leadership. We are looking for VP who will lead the team and also bring the hands-on skills of a software architect.
Design and architect solutions to build and extend upon our highly distributed systems
· Guide the overall design and architecture of our full stack
· Identify new technologies and techniques that can improve our overall platform and team performance
· Mentor members of the development team to help build effective engineering practices
· Communicate effectively up and down the organization
· Promote a metrics-based software development culture of quality, collaboration, rapid delivery
· Build reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware
· Providing training to other engineers
· Maintaining and upgrading existing software
· Recommending new technologies that can help increase productivity
· Supervising and overseeing the technical aspects of projects
· Ensuring optimal software performance
· Proven experience in software development methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of software development experience in Java experience (building business logic layers and back-end systems for high-volume pipelines) and experience leading teams and architecture design and implementation of large and highly complex big data projects.
- Experience leading internal, local, remote and off-shore teams
- Healthcare software development and big data experience is a major plus
- Strong backend services/API development experience using REST/JSON
- Experience driving and guiding technical teams on making build versus buy decisions and accelerating development process
- Experience working cross-functionally and understanding internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with data scientists and scaling a variety of models
- Proven track record of delivering high quality on time product releases
Personal characteristics include:
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to clearly communicate technical concepts in simple terms
- Passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing and working in a team environment.
- You take pride in writing clean, quality code, but can balance this with business practicality
- Able to learn quickly and effectively and apply new knowledge, demonstrating the desire to stay in touch with emerging technologies
Please submit a cover letter and resume
ArborMetrix has an outstanding entrepreneurial team with a strong mix of clinical analytics, statistical, software and business expertise.
We value creativity, innovation, problem solving, collaboration, and fast iteration, which allows us to continuously improve our platform.
ArborMetrix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.